Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
said none ever...

True, there is NEVER too many guns or too much ammo, until you have to move it all..........That is when you question it......Well just for a split second, then that thought vanishes, as your mind wanders to what weapon to get next.......

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I need to get some more boiled linseed oil...

Un bubba'd the last acquired S.K.S. (Chi-Com) but didn't clean (gently) the old wooden non matching serial stock and handguard I had on hand. And non matching serial magazine. (Good grief those mags are not running cheap any more. But what is.) It will make for a healthy quite decent looking and more importantly working beater. Leaving better ones out of my sweaty hands as much , and milage kept minimal on the best.

Other arms could use a light going over again too.
I used diluted bleach on one lot that had some white showing on the wood , and oiled after dry. They had been damp somewhere a bit.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Un bubba'd the last acquired S.K.S. (Chi-Com) but didn't clean (gently) the old wooden non matching serial stock and handguard I had on hand. And non matching serial magazine. (Good grief those mags are not running cheap any more. But what is.) It will make for a healthy quite decent looking and more importantly working beater. Leaving better ones out of my sweaty hands as much , and milage kept minimal on the best.

I used diluted bleach on one lot that had some white showing on the wood , and oiled after dry. They had been damp somewhere a bit.
I wish all.my guns had not fallen out of my boat in the lake. Dad gum it. Now I have no guns.

OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

I have a Chinese Type 53 that the importer sprayed down with a de-greaser that left a white haze on the stock. Over the years the haze has faded to the point that it's almost nonexistent.

OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well after what was supposed to be a 2 month job, that turned into a 5 month job, the house repairs are completed. My guns will finally be coming home next week.

Today we signed the paperwork, after an inspection walk through, and took procession of the house. We'll start moving back in tomorrow. After we get settled in, I'll start my next project a Spanish CETME C build. I have the parts kit on hand already and a barreled receiver with the bolt already head spaced inbound.

20220719_184401.jpg

20220719_200801.jpg

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking good :)

OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Back during the second week of August 2022, after a 5 month wrap up of the FINAL Hurricane Michael (Cat 5, 11 Oct 2018) repairs, we moved back into our house

A few days later my wayward children (Firearms) made it home from off site secure storage. As they were being delivered I started putting them in the racks, then remembered we had to carry the racks upstairs. So I piled the rest on the floor on an old blanket.

Did a quick inventory, oiling and hugged them (LOL) then up the stairs they went, home as last!

House04.jpg

20220829_111210.jpg

20220820_111209.jpg
20220820_111157.jpg
20220820_111145.jpg
20220820_111135.jpg

Last edited:

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I
Back during the second week of August 2022, after a 5 month wrap up of the FINAL Hurricane Michael (Cat 5, 11 Oct 2018) repairs, we moved back into our house

A few days later my wayward children (Firearms) made it home from off site secure storage. As they were being delivered I started putting them in the racks, then remembered we had to carry the racks upstairs. So I piled the rest on the floor on an old blanket.

Did a quick inventory, oiling and hugged them (LOL) then up the stairs they went, home as last!

View attachment 2045176
View attachment 2045174
View attachment 2045170 View attachment 2045171 View attachment 2045172 View attachment 2045173
I spy an AK on the floor but don't recall it in the list?
It's early and only on cup #2 so I may have missed it.
Whats it's story?

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super nice around the world collection too👍🤘

Welcome home💪👋🍪

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's must feel really good to be back in the house again so you can move forward in life again.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice and thanks for sharing. Suggestion - I’d delete this thread once folks have had an opportunity to see what your sharing. That’s a lot of valuables standing around which would be easy pickings for a thief.

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the home pic. Sad we can't have fun and share our toys safely

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread