Tootsise Toy car

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
On the way back from a place I hit up a spot that had an old homestead built in 1920 and found this! Nothing crazy or too old, but I don't remember "tootsie Toy" company. All my toy cars were matchbox or micromachines, but this Company apparently was and is still around.

Pretty cool to identify it though, what's left of it. Luckily I had the name under the roof of the toy car giving the Company name. It was a "Purple Baja Run #2, ca 1960's)

View attachment 1908475 View attachment 1908477 View attachment 1908478 View attachment 1908479

Upvote 14

DavidDigs4Free

May 20, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
Other
Tootsietoy is a manufacturer of die cast toy cars and other toy vehicles which was originally based in Chicago, Illinois. Though the Tootsietoy name has been used since the 1920s, the company's origins date from about 1890. An enduring marque, toys with the Tootsietoy name were consistently popular from the 1930s through the 1990s.

I have 6 or 7 Tootsie Toy Cars in my collection. It tickles the hell out of me every time I find one. Keep on scratching you'll find more of them. LOL

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had both of those pictured when I was a kid

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have that green one on a shelf behind me along with another tootsie they were both my childhood toys.

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey I found the one under it in the illustration! I love tootsie toys.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
love the tootsie toys, thanks for posting

OP
OP
E

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
love the tootsie toys, thanks for posting

It's funny cause I never had heard of them before, yet through the World of Metal detecting it taught me about a pretty big toy Company that many have memories of, pretty cool. So, I got history from under ground and then from looking up! 2-4-1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread