Topsailruby

Tenderfoot
Jul 2, 2022
My mother found this thing (maybe a brooch) on south Topsail beach. She found it as if it had just washed up, it appears to be very old and worn. The ruby in the center is very large, 10 carats at least if I had to guess. Between the holes in it there are flowers, floral design, I can upload more pictures if necessary.Thank you all!
IMG_20220702_032455.jpg

Upvote 17

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My mother found this thing (maybe a brooch) on south Topsail beach. She found it as if it had just washed up, it appears to be very old and worn. The ruby in the center is very large, 10 carats at least if I had to guess. Between the holes in it there are flowers, floral design, I can upload more pictures if necessary.Thank you all!
View attachment 2034772
Welcome to the forum
Please another photo of the other side and a size reference-like a coin.
This will help the readership.
Thanks

OP
OP
T

Topsailruby

Tenderfoot
Jul 2, 2022
View attachment 2034772
Posted some more pics in the comments

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Touch the stone to your lip, cheek to see if it feels cool or at neutral room temp.

On each face of the item there is bleed through of what copper would exhibit photo #1-1 o'clock, photo #2-7 o'clock

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2034772
Very Cool!!!! Congrats!!!! Welcome to Tnet!!!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet
Very nice recovery Congratulations

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have it tested by a jeweler. Do not be disappointed though, the base metal is a huge clue to this being costume. A ruby of that size would be mounted in gold or platinum and not that.
Agreed, looks like paste costume jewelry to me.
Welcome to the OP to Tnet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread