Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy a different vehicle. My fine Chevrolet Colorado LT Z71 4x4 has started up great in all cold weather, down to 40 below. (Plus, I see the theme song in the commercials for the new 2015 model is 'Back in Black', cool) Try this, hook the jumper cables onto your battery and then touch the other two ends together. This short circuit heats the battery up and might help, or could blow it up. Better yet, buy a new battery before the intended expiration date. And way more better, get a Chevy truck. And get that AC/DC disc for the CD player.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cold? BAH! This aint cold.

One time at our hunting camp it got so cold that as we were talking, the words froze coming out of our mouths. We had to heat them up on the stove to hear what we were all saying.

:laughing7:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a kid, when I lived up north (many years ago) I remember taking the car battery in the house with us at night on several occasions. Usually not unless it went below zero though. We was po' back then, no money for a block heater I guess. On a related note, going down to the low 40's tonight, brrrr... big cold snap. 40 feels like 10 down here, must be the humidity, lol.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep these tips in mind as you shop for your new vehicle battery:

• If you live in a cold climate, it is best to get a car battery with a high CCA rating. This is because a sluggish, chilled engine requires more power to start it up. (CCA=COLD CRANKING AMPS)
  • Buy a car battery with the longest reserve capacity possible, since you may need it in emergency situations when your vehicle has stalled or will not start.
  • Do not buy a car battery that has been on the store shelf for more than six months. You can check the date by looking at the label printed on the battery. The date is defined by a two-digit code with one number and one letter. For instance, "A" would be January, "B" February, etc. The number following it shows the last digit of the year it was made.
  • Check out the battery's warranty. No matter how long the warranty is, be sure to ask about the free replacement period. If the battery fails after this date, you will only get a pro-rated credit towards your new battery.

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cold? BAH! This aint cold.

One time at our hunting camp it got so cold that as we were talking, the words froze coming out of our mouths. We had to heat them up on the stove to hear what we were all saying.

:laughing7:

In my days, it was so cold deer froze to death and just fell over, we would go out pry em off the ground drag em home and eat em raw! It was so cold we used the refrigerator to heat the house, and we didn't whine about it, that's the way it was and we liked it!. In my day it was so cold we we didn't have cats or dogs for pets, we had penguins, and we liked it! Back in my day it was so cold we didn't ride sleds or play in the snow, NO, we froze in place and played statue, and we didn't complain about it either! No we sat there thawing out in front of of our refrigerators, petting our penguins, eating our deer popsicles, and that's the way it was and WE LIKED IT! :laughing7:

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
patents are out there to control the weather.
global warming is the topic.
when is a high pressure a Claudie day
only when it is engineered to be that way
the last volcano cooled the earth off by three degree. now they spray there aerosols every day around the world to combat global warming
the haze you see in the ski is geo engineering haze and according to Google haze is an artificial cloud like smoke dust partials and pollutants
the geo engineers don't really care if you care doesn't start as long as they keep the earths temp down so you buy more gas when it's running and turn your thermostat up
to put more profits in there pocket the last volcano that erupted that cooled the earth off buy three degree put billions of dollars in there pocket and now they want it every year all bet next yaer it will be the same thing ...sorry Jeff but the truth has to be told.
chem trails are real...Texas mite be dry but lake Superior is full to the brim thanks to geo engineering....

liftloop

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the last volcano cooled the earth off by three degree. now they spray there aerosols every day around the world to combat global warming
the haze you see in the ski is geo engineering haze and according to Google haze is an artificial cloud like smoke dust partials and pollutants
the geo engineers don't really care if you care doesn't start as long as they keep the earths temp down so you buy more gas when it's running and turn your thermostat up
to put more profits in there pocket the last volcano that erupted that cooled the earth off buy three degree put billions of dollars in there pocket and now they want it every year all bet next yaer it will be the same thing ...sorry Jeff but the truth has to be told.
chem trails are real...Texas mite be dry but lake Superior is full to the brim thanks to geo engineering....

liftloop

sorry I still don't believe in weather control.

but it does seem odd the weather people all of a sudden seem
to be able to predict these cold waves lengths of time, & impacts weeks ahead.
yet in the summer can't predict a Tornado's path.

as much as everyone ignores it, & Laughs. I still think NASA tipped the earth a few degrees off it's natural Axis
with all the shots from Florida & that is the real reason
we are now having Russia do the work, in order to try & move us back.

Only thing I can't figure is if Pounding the earth with that much force
can actually move it as I think, & wether it would put Florida fruther south
or north.

hammering on the top of some things make them rise rather then drop.

to me it makes more sense then pointing the wind a certain direction
using radar waves & Chemicals

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Angels don't play this h.a.a.r.p it a good book the American public needs to read...
what a waist of natural gas...and we had to pay over 5 bucks in natural gas a cubic foot

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

liftloop

Monthly Mean Water Levels
in metres referred to IGLD 1985
Niveau d'eau moyen mensuels
en metres par rapport au SRIGL 1985
October 2014 OctobreSuperior
Supérieur
HuronSt. Clair
Sainte-Claire
Erie
Érié
OntarioMontréal
Mean for Month (preliminary data)
Moyenne mensuelle (données préliminaires)
Mean for month last year
Moyenne mensuelle, l'année dernière
Mean for month, last 10 years
Moyenne mensuelle, 10 dernières années
Statistics for period of record
Statistiques pour la periode d'observation
1918-20131918-20131918-20131918-20131918-20131967-2013
Maximum monthly mean / year
Moyenne mensuelle maximale / année
Mean for month / Moyenne mensuelle183.50176.43174.98174.0674.616.27
Minimum monthly mean / year
Moyenne mensuelle minimale / année
Probable mean for next month
Moyenne probable du mois prochain
Chart Datum / Zéro des cartes183.2176.0174.4173.574.25.55

RushinPA

Mar 11, 2010
Gardners, PA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, F-75
I'm with you there Jeff. Last year was the worst winter in my life. Working outside, in the Poconos most of the time, three months straight of temps below 20 in the daytime. I was working doing stream cross sections (wading up to my chest) in the MicMichael Creek Stroudsburg, PA. This is a large rock lined bottom, swift mountain stream with deep sections that were iced over. The engineers wanted the stream cross sections, well, they got lucky no one was killed. I was cramping up, pulled myself out of the creek onto an ice shelf. Needed the fire company to carry me out. Swore I was never working another winter like that. This winter, been on disability with a cancer fight. Sucks being in the house all the time, but it would be worse outside. Looking for a nice small country town in Georgia or Alabama, once I get kill this cancer.

Hey the good side is maybe those coins will turn a bit more so you can find them.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you there Jeff. Last year was the worst winter in my life. Working outside, in the Poconos most of the time, three months straight of temps below 20 in the daytime. I was working doing stream cross sections (wading up to my chest) in the MicMichael Creek Stroudsburg, PA. This is a large rock lined bottom, swift mountain stream with deep sections that were iced over. The engineers wanted the stream cross sections, well, they got lucky no one was killed. I was cramping up, pulled myself out of the creek onto an ice shelf. Needed the fire company to carry me out. Swore I was never working another winter like that. This winter, been on disability with a cancer fight. Sucks being in the house all the time, but it would be worse outside. Looking for a nice small country town in Georgia or Alabama, once I get kill this cancer.

Hey the good side is maybe those coins will turn a bit more so you can find them.

I'd click the like on your post but some of it sounds a bit hair raising imo

but yes the Thaw & the coins turning are the 2 things that could make this all worth While :thumbsup:

Good Luck Rush_ !

ah Heck ! The Like I gave you is for the Good Parts & a good Luck on the rest :thumbsup:

Last edited:

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mcmichaels creek is literally my back yard... but I'm in the very beginning of it, not all the way into Stroudsburg. Mcmichaels is actually the name of the village... it begins on State game lands...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?.....IS IT SPRING YET.???

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they predicted this, extreme weather, extreme hot , extreme cold, extreme droughts, extreme rains, storms more intense I believe we better get use to it.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
41 degrees below zero, real temp, not wind chill, this morning in Embarras, Minnesota. Fortunately that is a lot farther north than me, but we are still having sub zero temps. But, Ms BeepBeep, we are only two weeks away from the deadline to remove ice houses off of Minnesota lakes, so spring is definitely here, or will be within another two or three months.

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't understand your chart

liftloop

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting