Town of Mayucha, SC and gentleman named Ken (Kenny) Sams from Pickens /Oconee area

Jan 20, 2010
Greenwood, S.C.
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT, TDI
Fisher F75
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab GPX 5000, Explorer SE
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was driving around the area of the Oconee LDMA site several weekends ago. Stopped and talked to several locals about the area and it was mentioned about a town of Mayucha, SC and how it was built around several gold mines. Curiousity set in. In looking on the computer, I found several articals about this town. Most of them on the TN. In reading it appears this gentleman named Ken Sams has knowledge of its where a bouts. Ive tried the email he has listed and even PM him on TN. No response. As these writings was years old and along with the no response, I came to a conclusion Mr. Sams is no longer alive or has no computer access now or even changed his e-mail address. I tried a yellow pages search for Pickens /Oconee area and that produced no help. Just curious if any one on here has knowledge /information they are willing to share about the Mayucha Town. Yes, I am looking for that needle in that hay stack.

PalmettoDigger27

Aug 6, 2019
Midlands & Low Country South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was driving around the area of the Oconee LDMA site several weekends ago. Stopped and talked to several locals about the area and it was mentioned about a town of Mayucha, SC and how it was built around several gold mines. Curiousity set in. In looking on the computer, I found several articals about this town. Most of them on the TN. In reading it appears this gentleman named Ken Sams has knowledge of its where a bouts. Ive tried the email he has listed and even PM him on TN. No response. As these writings was years old and along with the no response, I came to a conclusion Mr. Sams is no longer alive or has no computer access now or even changed his e-mail address. I tried a yellow pages search for Pickens /Oconee area and that produced no help. Just curious if any one on here has knowledge /information they are willing to share about the Mayucha Town. Yes, I am looking for that needle in that hay stack.
I will have to do some digging, but came across something about Mayucha one time and all I remember was Tamassee and Salem. I will reply after some deep research haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread