Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clusters of emeralds and amethysts mined in Colombia and now recovered offer evidence of contraband trafficking as they were not registered on the manifest.

Impressive gold finds (to say the least)

but the newly discovered treasures were found across a vast debris trail spanning more than 13km.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears the business working wreck is opening a museum to showcase the treasure. I think Bahamas got rid of the treasure split for permits. If you want to get a permit and keep the treasure, open a shipwreck museum as part of the deal. You can protect cultural heritage and charge the public admission to see it.

Allen Exploration was founded by Carl Allen, who developed a successful plastics business before retiring early, becoming a philanthropist and explorer with two passions – the Bahamas and its sunken past.
was convinced that not all the ship was destroyed and pulled together a team and ships to search for the lost sterncastle, which is thought to have broken away and drifted off. But he wanted to study the wreck archaeologically, unlike his predecessors who did not publish any science, and who simply sold off finds.

Allen Exploration, with Bahamian and US marine archaeologists and divers, was licensed by the Bahamian government to explore the Maravillas scientifically and is committed to displaying the finds in a new museum in the Bahamas.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARC

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question, I would assume all was done within the confines of UNESCO. The day similar finds be made from the Atocha scatter field and/or the sterncastle, Spain will no doubt begin to contest.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Maravilla was grandfathered in like the Atocha and the 1715 fleet, before Spain started claiming their wrecks.
Suppose it could detour Spain.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning I saw the story popup in main Internet news feed.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
This morning I saw the story popup in main Internet news feed.
Yeah, it's all over the place now. I'm guessing the saturation is due to the incredible pictures that have gone public. Nothing like stunning visual images to pimp a story. Without the pictures it would probably still be a niche article in scattered publications. And with those pictures, get ready for a bunch of articles in a few months about the Bahamas Maritime Museum being robbed. BTW, are we allowed to make book here and take bets on the day when this happens? I think if you call it an "office pool" or "Fantasy Robbery" it's perfectly legal.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All Spain will do now, is to keep looking at or notice the nice photos, until they can't control the envy any longer.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All Spain will do now, is to keep looking at or notice the nice photos, until they can't control the envy any longer.
So I take it that means you don't want to put anything down on Spain at 3:2 for the upcoming heist? Or are you saying you are in for a Franklin at 3:2?:laughing7:

I only was thinking about all the photos/videos we watched when gold treasure (as brought up) 2015 during July, near 300th anniversary of 1715 disaster. All it took, was additional photos and gold Royals found to convince Spain to pursue.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Spain didn't get any of the 1715 fleet treasure, did they?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not see anything mentioned about it... doubt Spain gained any treasure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread