Oct 11, 2020
OKlahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..Please forgive if this has already been posted

FORREST FENN TREASURE HUNTER DIGS HIMSELF INTO A FEDERAL SENTENCE

Acting United States Attorney Bob Murray announced today that RODRICK DOW CRAYTHORN, 52, of Syracuse, Utah, was sentenced by Chief Federal District Court Judge Scott W. Skavdahl, for excavating and damaging archeological resources in the cemetery of the Fort Yellowstone National Historic Landmark in Yellowstone National Park. Craythorn received a sentence of six months of imprisonment plus six months of home detention, to be followed by two years of supervised release. He was also ordered to pay $31,566 in restitution.

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Grave robber making the rest of us look bad. They should have hammered his tits to the wall.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People like him don't change! He will do it again! Throw his azz into one of the holes he dug and everybody gets a shovel! Problem solved!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These areas are definitely off limits and people think they can sneak in and give the rest of us a bad name

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I found an old article from about 100 years ago, two men in a cemetery late at night. All due to a local story of a treasure buried near a grave.

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He should've already known the cache was found last year.

Sandmaniac

Jan 23, 2007
Rehoboth Ma.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked in Yellowstone in the summer of 94. Of all the places this moron could've dug he picked this one, he deserves jail time for stupidity. The rangers are literally everywhere in this park. I was cleaning a couple trout in an obscure spot on Yellowstone lake when I looked up and one was standing over me, I didn't even hear her coming. She checked the length of each catch and was on her way. Yellowstone is one park you don't want to mess around in. I guarantee you this fool didn't dig very deep before the rangers were on top of him.

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grave robber making the rest of us look bad. They should have hammered his tits to the wall.

Ya no kidding. You have to have the blessing of the government before it’s ok to desecrate the final resting place for golden treasures.

Seriously though...I wonder if there is a lesson to be learned here with this buried treasure/book scheme.

Does anybody know the standing death toll?

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions