Treasure Hunting Database I created...Free

grafer

Mar 2, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post contains a Microsoft Access Treasure hunting database I created to track my finds. If anyone has Microsoft Access 2000 or greater on their computers they are welcome to a copy of it (as is without support). If you have later versions of Access you should still be able to use it, or you can convert to your version using "tools-->database utilities--> convert to ..." from your menu in your version of Access. It should convert with no problems.

Try this link to download a copy of the Db

https://app.box.com/s/e5f6xwotb3f3lpo7n566

Here are some screenshots of the database.

This is the main switchboard ...
MDsb.jpg

This is the main Generic Hunt Data Entry Form
MDgh.jpg

This is Unique Item Data Entry Form for single items you want to track....
MDuh.jpg

And you can get running YTD totals at any time....
MDtot.jpg

Or if the above link doesn't work you can just PM me if you want a copy. Let me know ... Ron

Last edited:

abearzzz

Dec 4, 2005
you did a great job on this data base....but no thanks for me ....too much info for uncle sam to get hold of..

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Awesome job. Does it have a search function. Just in case you can't remember if a previous site was productive. Can you search for "Riger'ts Farm" (example) or to see where you find that 1943 steel penny cache of 5000? Just curious? Not being critical in any way. Looks like you did one heck of a great job with it.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
That looks great! I bet it could be very handy for those folks that get out frequently and in many different areas. I forgot to look...is there a spot for pulltabs? That would be my highest count I am sure! lol

DRS244

Jan 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
MXT
Ron,

I just wanted to say publically that this is a great program and the price is unbelievable. I just received it a few days ago and have been adding all my hunts into it. Very easy to use and fun at the same time; thank you very much for allowing me to use this. I am looking forward to the next time you get board and have the desire to make another program

V/R,

Dave

taz in omaha ne

Mar 15, 2009
Omaha Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White's XLT E-Series Metal Detector + Garrett MH ADS-7 + Garrett GTA-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron,
Let me say thanks for the prg you sent me that you made up. Works perfect an really fits the bill for my needs. Thanks Again for sharing this :coffee2: Jae

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Nice job!
Great idea!
and THANKS for the service.

I've been doing that MANUALLY, and a program is so much more efficient.

A big payoff is to record where we've found coins older than 1965, and that way
have a list of the best silver shooting sites. :thumbsup:

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This -should- run on OpenOffice for those who don't have M$ Access or M$ Office. OpenOffice is a free (GNU Public license, open source) M$ Office compatible suite of programs.

You can download open source OpenOffice at http://www.openoffice.org

I have a similar, easy to use, stand alone program too. It is similar to this but it will run on any Windows PC without additional software.

Blackbeard59

Sep 28, 2009
hi, i just got back into detecting after a 15 year lapse.got a fisher cz-21 from my wife for my 50th b-day. i am very interested in your data base.
could you let me know how to get a copy?
thanks!
Tom
[email protected]

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)
Im interested also, could you send me a copy please.. My email is [email protected]
Thank you in advance,,
Michael Chesapeake va

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
Looks good and saves me the time of creating one. You have a PM. Thanks.
Dan

willisjj

Nov 2, 2005
Owasso, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Current: Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Cibola

Past: Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre, Etrac, Sovereign XS, Whites 6000D, Garrett Master Hunter BFO
would love to try it out! Sent you an email as well....

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
SE Explorer Pro, Excalibur 1000, Pro Find 25, BlissTool LTC64X v.3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, ATPro, Pro Pinpointer,
White's Beach Hunter ID 300 and Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run Linux Mint and would love a copy. You have created an awesome database.
Thanks in advance.
HH,
Robert

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread