Treasure hunting in Las Cruces

Shtrider728

Jan 23, 2009
I might be up for something one day.Right now Iam languishing in Hobbs with no job.Hoping that will end soon.After I get my head above water,then I might be interested

WriterofWords

Apr 4, 2005
Southern N.M.
I'm in Chaparral, down by Hell Paso, I posted for a MDing buddy on the TX forum. I'm off for the Summer so I have some time to go out and get down to business. My parents are MDers to so if you are interesting in going out hunting drop a note.
K

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll most likely come through there when taking a M'Detecting vacation around August 14 for maybe 4-5 weeks. We don't have any jobs here either...I'm in Elkhart county where Obama visited because of the extreme unemployment situation.

I have a 2-box detector, 2 Garrett coin detectors, a nugget (Fisher) with 3 coil sizes. I'll be following the Interstate down to Las Cruces, probably end up at Deming/Lordsburg area. :coffee2:

WriterofWords

Apr 4, 2005
Southern N.M.
Job hunting just isn't good anywhere right now. I sure hope it improves quickly or my metal detector does a really fantastic job of finding buried treasure! I'm lucky to have my job and I'm a teacher!

jones791

Dec 6, 2007
Las Cruces
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50/ Minelab Etrac
I live in Las Cruces and get out some weekends. Let me know when you are interested in going.

WriterofWords

Apr 4, 2005
Southern N.M.
My son left for basic training on Tuesday so I'll be available pretty much any weekend now. Where do you go to detect around here? I've been thinking of some of the parks or up at campgrounds around Ruidoso.

jones791

Dec 6, 2007
Las Cruces
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50/ Minelab Etrac
It depends on what you want to find. I have permission at several places that are late 1800s and I know of several parks if you just want to find coins.

WriterofWords

Apr 4, 2005
Southern N.M.
I would absolutely love to hit a few 1800s places!! I was so antsy yesterday I actually went out and started metal detecting in my front yard for a ring I lost 2 years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions