Treasure hunting in Sweden. 1700s & 1800s finds

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Video! Thanks for sharing.... SD

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice vid. good job.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! That 1748 was in fantastic shape!

Congrats,

Buck

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.S., Oxalic acid (aka "wood bleach") is great at removing iron from gold coins. Not sure if it would react with silver or not, but it might be worth a shot. You'll want to do your research before you try it, since I have not heard of anyone trying this method on silver coins which have iron deposits. Another possibility would be apple cider vinegar, which would be more slow, and lower concentration of acid. Might remove the iron staining. Again, not sure about how stable the silver would be.

-Buck

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
P.S., Oxalic acid (aka "wood bleach") is great at removing iron from gold coins. Not sure if it would react with silver or not, but it might be worth a shot. You'll want to do your research before you try it, since I have not heard of anyone trying this method on silver coins which have iron deposits. Another possibility would be apple cider vinegar, which would be more slow, and lower concentration of acid. Might remove the iron staining. Again, not sure about how stable the silver would be.

-Buck
Thanks for the tips. I'll try the apple cider vinegar first as I am not in any hurry. I wish I could find a gold coin that needed cleaning. HH

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent; enjoyed every moment--and find.
Don....

So glad you enjoyed the hunt Don. It's a long video but one of my best hunts for sure. I'll try to keep the next one under five minutes.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TideTraveler,
An interesting video in many respects: the weather allows you to go out but in the woods the snow is still there; nearly skunked and not understanding what went wrong with the spot; the old 'heading for the car' and we could hear it in your voice; so you stumble across a nice coin spill and keep hunting even though you are soaked and cold with excitement building all the time; finally you have to call it a day only to find you've wandered quite a ways from your vehicle. Now, can you find that very spot again and will there be more there? This is a classic video about metal detecting in every aspect, the highs the lows, the high again, the tired and just wanta get home but then the curiosity kicks in again with the deer. What Fun and thank you for sharing with us ALL................63bkpkr

SilverPirate

Dec 23, 2012
Boerne Tx.
Detector(s) used
New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome video, you got yourself a new subscriber. Congrats on the silver after a tough day!

For Airborne

Feb 18, 2013
Pskov Russia
Detector(s) used
x-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beautiful nature ,after that excellent video at once there is a wish to dig treasures

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TideTraveler,
An interesting video in many respects: the weather allows you to go out but in the woods the snow is still there; nearly skunked and not understanding what went wrong with the spot; the old 'heading for the car' and we could hear it in your voice; so you stumble across a nice coin spill and keep hunting even though you are soaked and cold with excitement building all the time; finally you have to call it a day only to find you've wandered quite a ways from your vehicle. Now, can you find that very spot again and will there be more there? This is a classic video about metal detecting in every aspect, the highs the lows, the high again, the tired and just wanta get home but then the curiosity kicks in again with the deer. What Fun and thank you for sharing with us ALL................63bkpkr

So glad you hung in there and watched the entire hunt. Thanks for a great comment. I really love metal detecting and I think that message was conveyed in this video. We share a great hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread