Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My new treasure spot is covered in these small poision oak/sumac trees. I walked through them anyway, multiple times, and just hoped for the best. Now I'm covered in rashes. All on my shins and arms because I wore shorts 🤣 Here's the thing though, it's one of the most productive areas I've ever hunted and I'm litterally itching to return, rashes be damned.

I think I know why nobody else looks for treasure there. Thinking I'll bring a machete next time, but I don't know, that might just spray the poison sap everywhere. Any advice? Maybe just long sleeves and long pants.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
suit.gif

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long pants and long sleeves with some gloves will take care of about 99% of it. Hit the shower as soon as you get home to wash away any thing that might get through the clothes.Machete is a bad idea as you surmised. I,m very lucky in that I,m not allergic to any form of Poison ivy,oak or sumac.I feel for all that are however,my wife can say the words and break out!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you spray them with Roundup ?

OP
OP
UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long pants and long sleeves with some gloves will take care of about 99% of it. Hit the shower as soon as you get home to wash away any thing that might get through the clothes.Machete is a bad idea as you surmised. I,m very lucky in that I,m not allergic to any form of Poison ivy,oak or sumac.I feel for all that are however,my wife can say the words and break out!
That's practically a super power not to be affected by those plants. Myself am quite lucky as well in that even a large exposure only gets me a small reaction. I know people who breakout seemingly just at the sight of the plant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions