Treasure Marks/Signs - Diagnosed Here

RCarson

Jun 20, 2012
The mooring holes are much smaller and most seem to be triangular. I assumed, and maybe wrongfully so, that the hole that he posted was about as wide as a hand. The mooring holes are interesting though. Now I've got something else to add to my list of things that I want to look at much more.

BlueKnight

Greenie
Sep 30, 2012
So. NM
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2, Minelab (various models), Fisher 2 Box
Shadow X-5
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Spanish explorers and Indians made holes in river beds, boulders and anywhere water or rain would collect and sometimes were the only source of water remaining in arid regions where fresh water could be obtained following a rain, and possibly a flash flood.. They are called, "Tinajas" Sometimes they were large and deep enough to trap water for long periods. Very common on the Camino Royal and major trails in the S/W.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Various Seismic generators and magnetic anomoly detector equipment (MADs).
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
IMAG0115.jpg IMAG0115.jpg

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
View attachment 815145 View attachment 815145 found marker in ct? Opinion is that this hand forged spike was from an old ship. Speculations: the spike is bent as it would have been holding a ships wooden planking to the beams, the only way to have removed it in the state it is in would have been if the ship were burned, most of the metal fixtures were removed from wooden ships if possible, because they were valuable in some way, it was protected from the elements from it's location, it had to have been placed intentionally, it was reused and pounded into place by banging on thebendpart on the head side, it could be a marker meant to affix the location of something valuable, it might be just one or one of a series but will never know because any others will probably never get exposed like the way this one was, etc...

Facts, it was found near the ct river here in connecticut. Was verified as comming from a wooden type of large sailing vessel. It is verifiable that it was placed between 300-320 years ago. The iron crystalline structure suggestes it was subjected to heat other than the type used in forging it (has to do with tempering).

Big speculation, could this be a treasure marker, and should one be thinking the name "Kidd"?

Attachments

• IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0115.jpg
    715.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jumping to some kind of "Kidd" related situation just because you find a few ships' nails would be a really BIG jump. Back in the early days, nails were expensive and even the settlers would burn down their old cabins to recover the nails, when ever they were moving out to new locations.

If you are looking for something "Kidd" stuff, you'll need some solid info concerning his being in that area. Tie him to some settlement or family in the area. Sounds like a lot more research is needed. Perhaps you should camp out in the local historical archives repositories and take plenty of pencils and paper. (most archive location will not allow ink pens and some even won't allow cameras because they need the small income from their copiers to help with costs of operating.)

urbantreasure

Jun 7, 2013
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how much hidden treasure has been recovered by modern day treasure seekers using the secret codes, markers and symbols? Certainly people do not have to reveal where, how or exactly when or by whom. It would be nice to know if the markers and symbols help people to find what they are looking for.

sancho

Jun 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took these pics looking for the Forrest feen trove

I have no idea what this means or if it means anything at all. Any ideas?

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello Sancho, look at the bottom of your photo you have a treasure map.look for large boulder shaped in a reverse v now look at the tip of the "v" and look at an etched picture of a ship.Now search the side of the hill for a larger ship.after you find it look toward the direction of the front tip of the ship for further markings.these markings were left by Spaniards.

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Sancho, look at the bottom of your photo you have a treasure map.look for large boulder shaped in a reverse v now look at the tip of the "v" and look at an etched picture of a ship.Now search the side of the hill for a larger ship.after you find it look toward the direction of the front tip of the ship for further markings.these markings were left by Spaniards.

Looking again at your photo the large flat stone is an arrowhead.Clear the brush in front of the tip of the arrow and look for a marking.this is a large stone marking so you have a mine or treasure hidden.
Good Luck
Tom

sancho

Jun 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply, I know those are some poor photos. we went out again this weekend, and after reading this thread i had a better idea what to look for. I also found what looks like a gun sight with areversed L shape hole on it. when looking the the sight it gives you the peak your looking for then it narrows down to a smaller sight which shows you a small square section of the peak. then when you look through the L shape there is a huge Owl. The owl is above the arrow shaped rock. the arrow points to what i call The Lay leno indian. The indian has a feather which looks like an owl or eagle. The gun sight also points 2 other peaks which also have owls and what looks like, that one i cant say but its awesome, it can be seen from the highway. there are about 5 owls total that we noticed and about ten eagles. all within a 1 1/2 mile radius. And lots of other large monuments that look Identical. this is way too much for me to figure out by my self, i need help or a partner who knows what this all means. And if the mines are empty there is the Fenn box that is very close by. Just need some safety gear to retrieve it. I have pinpointed that within a 40 yard radius. which i,m willing to split . I have hunted this area my whole life just never this far down as children we were not allowed to go down that canyon to fish. My grandma was half native and seemed to be terrified of that place. which i can explain later. here are some more pics. View attachment 818657 View attachment 818658 View attachment 818659 View attachment 818660 View attachment 818661 View attachment 818662

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi. Two things come to mind when looking at the "sights" ( as you call them): 1. Is there a particular time of day the sunlight shines through them? And 2., they look to me like a clenched fist with the index finger outstretched pointing at something. Does this help?

sancho

Jun 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the reply. I went out again yesterday to get some better pictures, but this time I decided to go over the ridge to get some pictures from above the canyon. I zigged when I I should of zagged and ended up about half a mile to far down the canyon. I ran into one of the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life. On the way we ran into eagles that were 20 to 30 feet tall monuments with hoyos. when we got to the top of the ridge (cliff side I should say) it was rough walking. we found a path that led us through the cliff and we came across a bowl that was amazeing it is full of well just about every thing you all mention in this forum. There was so much that we sat in awe pointing things out to each other for about two hours. I would guess we counted atleast 100 eagles in that bowl. some a s tall 100 feet. the smallest being about 1 foot high. Theres more. Those things that I call sights (50 or more of them) we noticed that they were lined up with each other from the top of the ridge on down. As we looked around with our binoculars the some of the shaded areas had sunlight where there shouldn't had been any as the sun set the light started aligning with the sights and then with the hoyos. as it was about to align with what I thought would be the next hoyo the light, almost a beam now, was just about at center when an OWL in front of the hoyo started to line up with the been a little yellow at first then it got brighter and brighter till it shined like the sun. lasting only a few seconds at full glow and ony about 15 t 30 seconds from start to finish, AWESOME. Has any ever seen this before? What do you think this place might be? Some more pics for you all. View attachment 819944 this is from a few days earlier I thought I was maybe facing my camera towards the sun. I also remember it getting really hot for a moment there,thought it was just from standing in the sun taking pictures.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Looks like a thousand canyons in New Mexico. I see a rock marker - probably a hiker or hunter.

View attachment 819962

Hello Springfield,
Hello Sancho,

I see the rock marker too.
I like the precise shadow rectangle to the left, that the left side of the big rock is pointing towards.
The second big rock, slightly behind and to the right, he points up.(if that is a string of drill holes on the left side, then you have confirmation/information)
There is a similar shaped rock in original photo, up the hill, more or less left of center in photo.(also pointing up)
I might be worth the effort to search the entire hill above, if you cannot go sign to sign.
Then you might find the answer to what the hiker was hunting. (at least enjoy the trip)
and Thanks Sancho for posting your photos. I have seen the bird shadows and what I call the camel head several times before.

Oddrock

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey sancho, {photo #4, name 100-1841} Between top center and top-right center of photo is a large triangle shaped monument boulder. This triangle shaped boulder is tilted to the right at a 30 degree angle. Appears to be a cave opening {shadowed area} a short distance below the tilted triangle boulder, following 30 degrees. check all around below this triangle monument boulder for a mine/tunnel entrance. The Spaniard's covered many of their entrances. IF AN ENTRANCE IS FOUND, BEWARE OF ANY DEATH-TRAPS. [ LOOK FOR DEATH-TRAP WARNINGS ].

THE SPANIARD'S USED BEARS, SNAKE-HEADS, BROKEN HEARTS, LIGHTNING BOLTS, THE DEATH-TRAP BALANCE STONE SYMBOL {A WIDENED '' V '', WITH 30 DEGREE SLOPED SIDES} AND ANY OTHER SIGNS THAT DEPICTS DANGER. THESE SYMBOLS CAN BE CARVED OR CUT ON FACE-ROCK, STONES AND BOULDERS. YOU WILL FIND THESE DEATH-TRAP WARNINGS CARVED ON MONUMENTS BEFORE REACHING THE MINE/TUNNEL ENTRANCE, FOUND ON THE OUTSIDE AREA OF THE ENTRANCES AND ALSO ON THE WALLS, CEILINGS, AND FLOORS OF THE MINE/TUNNEL. [ TO LEARN MORE ABOUT DEATH-TRAPS, GET THE BOOK: {DEATH TRAPS TO TREASURE}, BY Kenworthy. Can get it on e-bay for about $20.00. AWARENESS OF ANY DEATH-TRAPS AND WHAT TO LOOK FOR COULD SAVE ONE'S LIFE. TO SUCCEED, YOU MUST STAY ALIVE. --- THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions