Treasure Marks/Signs - Diagnosed Here

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sqaush

Feb 25, 2015
arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you think this a #4 tree? 20150311_165653.jpg

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BeauS

Mar 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think anywhere along a river is worth checking, people have used them for as long as they where there.

What could they mean by "in the timber, up the river bottom"? By river bottom, do they mean low lying land along the river?

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What could they mean by "in the timber, up the river bottom"? By river bottom, do they mean low lying land along the river?

BeauS, I would guess that in the timber, means in the woods away from the riv. the timbers that where there at the time of that statement, they may be cut down now? not sure on the terms river bottom,again it would have be how the term was used in the time it was stated. maybe some river runners will help out on the words. Do you happen to have a approximate date on these statements? Or any other clues you want to share?

BeauS

Mar 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BeauS, I would guess that in the timber, means in the woods away from the riv. the timbers that where there at the time of that statement, they may be cut down now? not sure on the terms river bottom,again it would have be how the term was used in the time it was stated. maybe some river runners will help out on the words. Do you happen to have a approximate date on these statements? Or any other clues you want to share?

dog, page 29 of this book I'm seeing some information about the writer finding 7 mounds in Wapello county. This is the is the area I'm searching. He found the mounds back in about 1882. I never thought about trees being cut down. Could the river bottom also mean a creek?

https://play.google.com/books/reade...ec=frontcover&output=reader&hl=en&pg=GBS.PA29

I've started a thread here on the legend I'm looking at. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...one-please-help-determine-exact-location.html

Last edited:

sqaush

Feb 25, 2015
arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20150311_165341.jpg this looks interesting but im not sure if its old enough to be a sign...what do you think?

saksall1935

Greenie
Oct 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well here i am , reading ranglers thread and having a great time and learning a lot of things,but as you stated at the begining, you started this thread to help us beginersto understand some of the signs and marks out there, and things were going realy well then got negitive, i like your response to questions, but some times people , hear but just dont listen. thanks , i enjoy reading your thread. saksall 1935

sqaush

Feb 25, 2015
arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20150311_165653.jpg 20150311_165341.jpg ok the first pic is in my yard...i never thought anything about it other than it is unusual tree until i joined this forum and started studying all the wealth of info about signs and markers and such...btw thanks to all who share their knowledge! the second pic is about 240 feet from the pointer tree in a straight line with it. does anybody think they are tied together or is this just wishful thinking? any thoughts on what else i should look for would be greatly appreciated!

lostarrow

Jan 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sign/Marker or just Mother Nature?

IMG_20150330_133430430.jpg

Hi all. There's really not much gold in my neck of the woods, but i've read and done some research of possible silver mining long ago. Either way, thanks to this site I will never see things the same when I'm out in the woods hunting and hiking. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks

Leo

lostarrow

Jan 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any opinions on this boulder? I'm seeing a "7" on the lower left hand corner.
Thanks
Leo

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Post # 1596 Hello Leo,

Here are my thoughts---at noon--take pictures of the rock from the N, S, E, W---if your doing a outstanding job then take the
pictures at daybreak, noon and evening. Then an accurate--analysis can be made.---Barton

sqaush

Feb 25, 2015
arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just gonna throw this out there and see if anyone sees what i see 20150425_120306.jpg

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears that a piece of the rock above had fallen off and chipped the piece under the H. De Soto name. Looking closely at it I see in the pic that it looks like a 1 and a top portion of possibly a 5. There is also what appears to be a cross to the left of the name. . I also found this small cross under a rock ledge nearby.

Hello there. Interesting pictures. Do you have any idea when those lichens may have been removed? Also, any idea how tall and wide the entire name is?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions