Treasure Ring from the Treasure Coast!!!!!

Feb 27, 2018
volusia county
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Beach Hunter ID, Surf PI, 6000 SI Pro. tdi beach hunter, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mother Ocean has been great to me lately! I pulled this ring off the beach in Vero (somewhere;) @ low tide I know this is old and silver, the Equinox screamed dig this! in my headphones. high 30's gotta love that!! Best pics i could do.. Going to take this and more treasure coast finds to the experts... If I could just stop detecting for one day... 😅
😂🤣 please comment on your thoughts
Thanks!!
sp001.jpg
SP002.jpg
SP003.jpg
sp004.jpg
sp005.jpg
sp006.jpg
sp007.jpg
sp008.jpg

Upvote 32

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LEAVE IT AS IT IS ! DON'T POLISH IT !!!!!!
DON'T SELL IT SHORT !! COULD BE OLD & GOLD !!
Congrats on an extremely interesting find ! Being found on the "Treasure Coast", it very well could be 300 years old. But what I find interesting is the dark brown color. If it were silver, I think it would be dark grey & not as in good shape. Now, if it were pure gold, it would look gold, & being a ring, pure gold would be too soft. So I'm thinking maybe it is not pure but has some type of alloy in it to give it that dark brown color (after years in the sea) & some hardness. I've seen 14k & 18k rings that were found in salt water with that dark brown tarnish but none of them were 300 years old & they weren't as dark colored as yours.
In your photos, I see hints of gold where the 300 years of tarnish have been scratched off a bit. I hope it's old & I hope it's gold.
Nonetheless, huge congrats on a great find !!!
Vero does cough up some of its' treasures every now & then.
That ring could be worth a Condo on Vero Beach or more.
Good luck !!!
These are the comments on my thoughts. CHEERS !!!

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO your ring is not from 1715 Fleet...
IMO your ring is a "Matador" / "Masonic"... Similar to... but not limited to.... this...
6536.1_large.jpg

NOW... remember... this IS my opinion.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is that
Very interesting - and as already mentioned DO NOT clean it - congrats !
Looks to already have been cleaned... which is alright beings its not from treasure... you must have missed my post or dont believe me. heh

If it were from the 1715 Fleet ... it would look like an Oreo Cookie.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Arc is right, but I am no expert. It looks to be of modern design to me. And the metal seems suspect to me. More like brass. BUT, there are some very knowledgeable people on here concerning the finds on Treasure Coast so I defer and will shut up. I hope it is authentic and you found a real bit of history.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks more modern than what is believed.
Hard to figure what the metal is, looking lie more brass/copper content than silver.
Here's the flip
Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 7.12.12 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 7.12.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 7.12.12 AM.png
    618.1 KB · Views: 46

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Arc is right, but I am no expert. It looks to be of modern design to me. And the metal seems suspect to me. More like brass. BUT, there are some very knowledgeable people on here concerning the finds on Treasure Coast so I defer and will shut up. I hope it is authentic and you found a real bit of history.
I thought i might fit into the "more knowledgeable" category... heh

What do i know though... just been staring at and handling treasure since i was a kid. lol

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know i would go so far as to call me an "expert"... but i do know a few things... a couple little tidbits of knowledge... For example...

I know the difference between a pull tab and a bottle cap.

:P

AND i have been called worse !

Last edited:

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know i would go so far as to call me an "expert"... but i do know a few things... a couple little tidbits of knowledge... For example...

I know the difference between a pull tab and a bottle cap for example.

:P

AND i have been called worse !
I know the difference between a pull tab and a dragon head. Don't have the bottle cap down yet.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not from the 1715 fleet....im about 99% on that !! It would not hurt to show it to the people at mclarty museum. These rings are common good luck rings....they can have a number of symbols on them elephant, horse shoe, 4 leaf clover, etc. Etc. I have several that I've found including gold, and silver ones. Please don't take my post as negative.....im rooting for ya to have found a genuine 1715 treasure ring....I just don't think this is one. Good luck out there....persistence pays off keep at it, and happy hunting !!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not from the 1715 fleet....im about 99% on that !! It would not hurt to show it to the people at mclarty museum. These rings are common good luck rings....they can have a number of symbols on them elephant, horse shoe, 4 leaf clover, etc. Etc. I have several that I've found including gold, and silver ones. Please don't take my post as negative.....im rooting for ya to have found a genuine 1715 treasure ring....I just don't think this is one. Good luck out there....persistence pays off keep at it, and happy hunting !!
Good post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread