Treasure Signs and Symbols 101

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 943821 View attachment 943838

Any help or opinion greatly appreciated....thanks in advance
Rocky
(reverting to lurking mode)

A double hoyo that is a find. Hoyos always lead to something. Your hoyo itself may have a hidden symbol in its shape. You may want to walk in the direction the hoyo tells you looking for the same symbol, such as a bird or moon. Between you and the hoyo you will find another hoyo pointing at the same symbol. You will want to search the area closely looking for man made rock or a hiding place. This really is a lousy explanation, but I dont know how else to explain it. The rock with the hoyo may contain other signs. The picture may be the wrong side to be looking at. The side in which you see sky in is my guess. Looks like your a trail for sure.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
nevadavatpics 003.JPG

Bonuntr. This is what I see.

1 Letter "A", "+" , and number 3
2 "17" backwards "S" probably means 350
3 " V 1" or "X1"
4 shadow running rabbit.
5 King or Knight.=K.T.
6 A heavy bearded guy with snake in beard
7 owl
8 number 14 and another symbol I do not recognize. kinda looks like a 5 but is not. could be a 5 and 1 together making an "H"
9 smaller owl.
10 A snake with an open mouth. Has a "v" notch for mouth. also has a shadow symbol. just guessing on that one. might be a humming bird. might be a queen bee. might be a baphomet. another shadow symbol is a shark. Shark is possible death trap or danger symbol.

It looks exciting. have fun

Pinwheel
Ps. Some other symbols too. A forked trail on bigger owl just to the lower right of numbers. others also

Last edited:

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
nevadavatpics 004.JPG

bonuntr: been looking some more. In the yellow circle may be a shaft. and a nest with 2 eggs in it. This is just my best guess. Your site has two cashes, one smaller than the other. The yellow line may be your line out. At some point your trail will fork. One will go 350 deg. the other 140 or 145 deg. I think both trails are either dangerous or death trapped. I am only guessing and most of the time i am wrong. Please come out of Lurking and tell us what you think now.

Pinwheel.

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys...

I actually stumbled on to this hoyo while following a different trail. I truly am at a loss to point it to anything I am working now. I know that it is man made, I haven't as of yet shown pics of the other side, (I havent taken them yet) Although, I do have pics of an very unusual monument that was within yards of the hoyo. The trouble is, I think they were made at different times. I will post the monument photos tonight and see what ya'll think....Thanks again
Rock

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The next two replies are photos of the same monument, just different views. I believe there is a lot going on here. The lichenometry dating implies that the monument is between 175 and 300 years, (depending on which lichenometrist you hold belief in). As I am not a student of lichenometry, I cannot say for sure. The second post which I am putting up has an edge of one of the stones in the monument highlighted. The yellow line is where the stone has been rounded to a gentle curve, down to a point that whoever done it has then flattened the stone. The black lines highlight an area that shows how the rock was purposefully and very carefully carved into rounded areas. One of the most interesting monument stones I have ever personally discovered. (In later posts I will show a miniature death trap monument, that I believe was to show how the real death trap is constructed...If I just could just find it....oh well, that's for later posts if anyone is interested)
lowermonument2.JPG
lowermonument3.JPG
lowermonument4.JPG
NOTE: The red arrow points out the rock that has been carved

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Help with monument

These are two photos of the same monument, just different views....
lowermonument5.JPG
lowmonumenthighlighted.JPG

Note that the YELLOW LINE is where they have smoothed and rounded the original stone down to flatten it. The BLACK SHADING outlines the gentle curves that are purposefully carved in to the stone.

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP! This monument is driving me crazy!!!
Rock

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the carne is mexican, must be something they were working or a good camp nearby. Your on a main trail I suspect. You have a pointer inside the one hoyo. I have seen hoyo's point the trail out also, dont be too discouraged.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Bonuntr. You have several symbols to consider there. Many Facts to consider as well. If this bird is the last marker you found and the hoyo is fairly close, it looks like it could be two different trails. One later than the other, that could be a tough one to figure out.

Back to the Bird Carin. It looks like it is facing left with the eye closed. That could mean that what you are looking for is near by. I would look in the direction the birds beak is pointing. Probably partially buried or may underground all to geather. That may be your direction and you just need to find the distance. That will probably just be a map if you find it.

When I seen the yellow mark and the shadow that was made, The first thing i thought is, It is topographical. Could be a canyon or stream. It would be awfully jagged for a ridge line. May be you could measure it like you do a snake.

I hope you get back to that hoyo soon. I would not be able to sleep, thinking about those two eggs. Best of Luck

Pinwheel

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I remember correctly, that tree was located in a European country....maybe England.

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ooops sorry i thought maybe they were unknown . last time i checked there were 26 0r 27 sites in the western US with similar writing . that dragon looking thing is way kewl . :thumbsup:

ARazorBack2

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a link with a pic of the entire panel.

(Linked removed by mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 948832 yes these are in durango and I am not with anyone doing research on this.

hmmm seems like this came up once long ago on a distant forum , i was interested on how close these were to that mummy carving that i think is in Durango ? is that right ?
BTW i did not post your pictures , just the link.///bob

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sorry if I offended you, I can take it off if you want me too. I believe the mummy thy found was in the next canyon over, couple miles as the crow flies.

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no you did not offend me . your pictures showed up on the other forum , i was just saying i did not post them there .i am trying to remember , but i think the mummy thing came up one time and i asked if there were any of those mystery glyphs near it . at the time i dont think anyone had pictures of the panel , but i think its awesome ! heck i'm still working on the first panel i was shown .Terry Carter has been chasing those things all over the western US , he is a pretty good guy in my book . i will have to get back to this later got to take the wife on a date .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a link with a pic of the entire panel.

(Linked removed by mod)

We do not allow links to other forums...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread