TreasureNet: CTX3030 Threads: 94, Posts: 709 - Equinox Threads: 1440, Posts 21, 061

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is because you can buy 3 Equinoxes for the price of one 3030 so many more Equinox owners.

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus, we CTX swingers are out there quietly digging up all the goods whilst the other folk discuss their other machines.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably like TH says about number of owners/posts being related to the cost of the machines.

Plus, we CTX swingers are out there quietly digging up all the goods whilst the other folk discuss their other machines.

Uh oh, Cats out of the bag. Does your family know you are a swinger? :laughing7:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have both the CTX (6 years now) and the 800 (about 3 years now).

What do I swing?

Tesoro Tejon :)

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a nice Tejon with coils if a CTX or EQ800 owner wants to trade up. :-)

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well in a couple of weeks I will have a CTX3030. I am selling my Equinox 800 that I owned for 3 years.

Why?

I do 99% of my hunting in metro Atlanta which equates to lots of modern trash.
The ground is not heavily mineralized.

The 800 would pick up every speck of metal and lots of specks of metal where I hunt.

I am looking beyond the 4-6" depth range for relics and old coins. The Equinox 800 depth indicator has a random number generator built in to make it rather useless. It does a good good job calling a dime on the surface as 2" deep.

The separation of junk and good targets on the limited TID range is frustrating to me. In metro Atlanta, the 800 is more like a beep and dig everything machine. Too old for that much digging and takes up too much time.

So if the CTX3030 misses an ear stud or fine gold chain, well that is better than missing all the silver coils and CW bullets. Besides in metro Atlanta I think fake diamonds abound. The people rich enough for nice fat real diamonds vacation elsewhere. Atlanta is now what you would call a vacation wonderland.

Seeing lots of good things being said about the CTX3030 and if it is good enough for Lance it is good enough for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread