SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to My hunting grounds for CW relics, and they cut it way too high. The stubble was probably 7” off the ground. I asked the owner about the field next to it and he said sure. I know the soldiers traveled through it to the camp in the next field. It’s been hunted several times by group hunts from clubs. I knew I wouldn’t find much, but I was craving CW lead.
The only problem is that it’s 93 degrees😳
Don’t know what the heat index is, but it’s hot!!!
Went to an area by the creek and picked through all the trash. I was able to get an old copper wedding band and an era rivet. Then it was lots of trash and few good signals. I decided to take off in the field. My shirt soaked and at least a 1/2 a mile in and I got a decent 81-82 TID on the Deus 2 in Relic mode with the reactivity
at . 5 and the Sensitivity at 98.. it was showing it pretty deep and the tone wasn’t very loud. Dug about an 8” plug and stuck My pointer in the hole. It was still there. At about 11” I saw the sweet white CW lead I was after! It was a fired bullet, but I found what I came for!! Thanks for looking and
Happy Hunting!!!!
04E32F00-3EC4-42F4-9E19-9318985D7C7C.jpeg

Attachments

• D672F914-FDC0-49BB-B7EE-9FAC88B592C5.jpeg
    D672F914-FDC0-49BB-B7EE-9FAC88B592C5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Upvote 18

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to My hunting grounds for CW relics, and they cut it way too high. The stubble was probably 7” off the ground. I asked the owner about the field next to it and he said sure. I know the soldiers traveled through it to the camp in the next field. It’s been hunted several times by group hunts from clubs. I knew I wouldn’t find much, but I was craving CW lead.
Went to an area by the creek and picked through all the trash. I was able to get an old copper wedding band and an era rivet. Then it was lots of trash and few good signals. I decided to take off in the field. My shirt soaked and at least a 1/2 a mile in and I got a decent 81-82 TID on the Deus 2 in Relic mode with the reactivity
at . 5 and the Sensitivity at 98.. it was showing it pretty deep and the tone wasn’t very loud. Dug about an 8” plug and stuck My pointer in the hole. It was still there. At about 11” I saw the sweet white CW lead I was after! It was a fired bullet, but I found what I came for!! Thanks for looking and
Happy Hunting!!!!
Congratulations, and your perseverance is admirable

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Hunting!!!!
Very nice congratulations and great detail

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Happy Hunting!!!!
Great job RJ. And yes, it’s Hot! Congratulations

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! Be careful in that heat!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the CW lead. I remember those days of craving some CW lead. I just loved the feeling that came with it that you were digging up history, and thinking about the CW soldiers that fired or dropped them.
Those hot days were tough. Ticks, sweating like crazy, and heat rash. Ahhh the good ol' days.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Strong work and determination, rewarded with nice finds- Congrats!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger Thanks for sharing but please be careful in the heat !!!

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the CW lead. I remember those days of craving some CW lead. I just loved the feeling that came with it that you were digging up history, and thinking about the CW soldiers that fired or dropped them.
Those hot days were tough. Ticks, sweating like crazy, and heat rash. Ahhh the good ol' days.
Thank You!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread