* Tried out the Tesoro Tiger Shark tonite *

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark
* Hello Diggers ! I;ve been working a ww1 training camp for 4 years now and have found hundreds of badges , coins and jewellry but a farmer has crop on it right now so I was Jonesin for hunt and went and bought me a good used Tesoro Tiger Shark.Took it out to the local beach tonite for my first try.The water was dirty so it was tough to find the targets.I have a lot more respect for you guys who work in the water now as its a lot harder than working dry ground.The Tesoro is definately a lot different to use than my Whites XLT Spectrum but I think I;m really gonna like it.Worked for about an hour and I found a lovely hoop earring, a old pencil sharpener, some clad , a toy car and a strange toy man with a futuristic dive suit on lol.I can hardly wait to see my first ring come up ! God Bless and Happy Hunting....Panz

Attachments

• waterdigs.jpg
    waterdigs.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Looks like you're getting the hang of it. I'm about to get me a water detector and I know it will be a whole new learning curve. Way to go and hang in there, those rings are waiting!

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
I dont search the water but it looks like your off to a good start.

the action figure is a G.I. Joe i believe

HH & Good Luck

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
;D Nice finds for your first time out in the water. I've been doing it for over ten years now and it just gets better and better. Don't worry, that first gold or silver ring will knock your socks off and belive me brother when I say its coming for you. Good luck on that WW1 site you have been hunting! Lots of luck and HH

Desertfox

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
I've heard good things about that detector. Most of the really good stuff is in the water.

Have fun with it!

Ridley

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Panz, I almost forgot. Tip on water hunting. Buy yourself either a short handle or a long handle scoop. When you hit a target with your coil palce one of your feet up againest the back of the coil, move the coil and draw the short handle scoop back towards you while digging in the sand or mud. If you're using a long handle scoop place the scoop at the tip of your toe, dig in and push the scoop away from you with your foot.
After just a few tries you'll be a pro in no time. A so for water hunting so don't skimp on one. HH

Desertfox

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PsssssssssT! Don't tell everyone your using a Tiger Shark. Cause when you start finding those hard to find really small gold necklaces, everyone will want this fine detector.

I've been using my Tiger Shark for a number of years. I did so well with it, several guys in my club bought one. But they really didn't get the hang of this fine detector and sold it. He!He!, I'm glad they did. Just the other week a fellow member of my club and I were hunting in a lake and a guy came over to us in a boat. He asked if our detector's would find a Gold Bracelet. We said sure, but my partner said his wouldn't find the bracelet, but my Tesoro Tiger Shark would. I don't like to hunt in channels, so I lent my detector to my buddy. He climbed into the guys boat, and was back in about a half hour with $40 in his hand. He found the bracelet on his third hit. With his whites water detector, it didn't even make a sound. That's just one story using a Tiger Shark.

One suggestion, if your going to hunt in discrimination, put the dial at around 2 or 3. That way you won't miss a lot of rings or necklaces.

Another hint, is when you pinpoint a target in the water, put your foot to the side of the coil and then put your scoop on the side and dig from the side. Sometimes you can find the target from the back of the coil, but if you can't try the side.

Good Luck, by the way, I'm in Michigan at a lake and I've found 7 rings in 4 days of hunting in the water. I'll post a picture of them when I return from vacation.

HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread