Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well when the price of gold is skyrocketing......well even a die hard spanish treasure hunter will take a break from that and go and hit some swim holes for the heavy metals !! Woooo hooo !! I forgot how fun it was to go for the gold drops !! 32 grams... not a bad days work....or hookie from work lol. Cost me a little driving gas and 4 hard boiled eggs and 2 peach teas !! Gotta love the low overhead. Had a wierd thing happen on the way in....as I started to paddle....it felt like i was going along pretty good !! The first boat i passed says " what the hell man...you got a hidden motor in there". The next guy says "dude your almost on plane". I dont know how I was doing it but the combination of wind waves and current + a new paddle had me at aw inspiring speeds with very little effort....at least 5 or 6 kts. A record for me in a kyak it was a quick ride in.
Got a 10k white and yellow gold band first fanning around in the sand. after an hour or so I got a heavy 18k white and yellow gold band !! I was happy with that but I had only been in the water for a couple hours so it was back in for my 3rd gold !! At this point I'm dragging 4 kids along behind.....all eager to dig and find treasure...they have seen the 2 gold rings on my finger and are just waiting for the next one !! Bottle cap...penny....bottle cap....now they all have masks and are watching and helping some, and there it is in the clean white sand as I fan GOLD TREASURE !! Lol...one of them looks at me with his little freckled face and says....you be making money.....lol !! I said yes I am and then passed it all around for them to see and feel !! 20200728_195157.jpg
I high fived those kids and packed up and left in the yak after a hard boiled egg and a peach tea.....ahhhhhh so sweet !! 20200728_194904.jpg 20200728_195107.jpg 20200728_194920.jpg
20200728_195525.jpg
There was a nice guy from miami who had a pi machine and he said he got a ring on last friday...he was cool... a nice guy with his wife. Another boat gave me a hot dog and checked out the gold !! All in all....a great day at a great office !!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sort of an "Olympic" day!

Congrats!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woo hooo...thanks whadi !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. Stay away from the covid.
I was shocked at how many boats showed up on a weekday.....oh ya...mini season !! I'm gonna stay underwater !!

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Some gorgeous chunky rings!! I snagged a 10k in the park yesterday but havenโ€™t posted yet. Now I want a boiled egg.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score Bart!!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some gorgeous chunky rings!! I snagged a 10k in the park yesterday but havenโ€™t posted yet. Now I want a boiled egg.
Thanks irish....it felt really nice in the water....and the chunky gold felt good in the hand !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score Bart!!

Ya toe it was great...3 different karat types !! Give geo dog a scooby snack for blak bart !! Wooo hooo !!

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well when the price of gold is skyrocketing......well even a die hard spanish treasure hunter will take a break from that and go and hit some swim holes for the heavy metals !! Woooo hooo !! I forgot how fun it was to go for the gold drops !! 32 grams... not a bad days work....or hookie from work lol. Cost me a little driving gas and 4 hard boiled eggs and 2 peach teas !! Gotta love the low overhead. Had a wierd thing happen on the way in....as I started to paddle....it felt like i was going along pretty good !! The first boat i passed says " what the hell man...you got a hidden motor in there". The next guy says "dude your almost on plane". I dont know how I was doing it but the combination of wind waves and current + a new paddle had me at aw inspiring speeds with very little effort....at least 5 or 6 kts. A record for me in a kyak it was a quick ride in.
Got a 10k white and yellow gold band first fanning around in the sand. after an hour or so I got a heavy 18k white and yellow gold band !! I was happy with that but I had only been in the water for a couple hours so it was back in for my 3rd gold !! At this point I'm dragging 4 kids along behind.....all eager to dig and find treasure...they have seen the 2 gold rings on my finger and are just waiting for the next one !! Bottle cap...penny....bottle cap....now they all have masks and are watching and helping some, and there it is in the clean white sand as I fan GOLD TREASURE !! Lol...one of them looks at me with his little freckled face and says....you be making money.....lol !! I said yes I am and then passed it all around for them to see and feel !! View attachment 1852475
I high fived those kids and packed up and left in the yak after a hard boiled egg and a peach tea.....ahhhhhh so sweet !! View attachment 1852477 View attachment 1852478 View attachment 1852479
View attachment 1852480
There was a nice guy from miami who had a pi machine and he said he got a ring on last friday...he was cool... a nice guy with his wife. Another boat gave me a hot dog and checked out the gold !! All in all....a great day at a great office !!

what brand scale do you have Bart?

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Says digiweigh steve. I herd that the water got quite clear up there a couple weeks ago !! ??

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are some Beauties!! Don't get any better then that!! Sweet!!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks OBN....Man the way the price of gold is going.....you'll soon be a millionaire in gold ring finds !! Lol !!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that is a major trifecta. Congratulations on what I thought was impossible. This hobby seems to always make me eat my words nothing is impossible and metal detecting

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are nice Bart :notworthy:

Hard to believe people don't take off their jewelry before partying on the water. Their loss is your gain, ( Obviously ). Well done Bart.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a 10k white and yellow gold band first fanning around in the sand. after an hour or so I got a heavy 18k white and yellow gold band !! I was happy with that but I had only been in the water for a couple hours so it was back in for my 3rd gold !! At this point I'm dragging 4 kids along behind.....all eager to dig and find treasure...they have seen the 2 gold rings on my finger and are just waiting for the next one !! Bottle cap...penny....bottle cap....now they all have masks and are watching and helping some, and there it is in the clean white sand as I fan GOLD TREASURE !! Lol...one of them looks at me with his little freckled face and says....you be making money.....lol !! I said yes I am and then passed it all around for them to see and feel !! View attachment 1852475
I high fived those kids and packed up and left in the yak after a hard boiled egg and a peach tea.....ahhhhhh so sweet !! View attachment 1852477 View attachment 1852478 View attachment 1852479
View attachment 1852480

Good for you Bart! I spent many a weekend at the sand bar back in the '80's, great place to meet up with friends.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stellar... super well done Bartster.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a major trifecta. Congratulations on what I thought was impossible. This hobby seems to always make me eat my words nothing is impossible and metal detecting

Thanks truth....I love that old spanish galleon stuff...but....when gold is that high....you gotta go for the fresh gold. Plus it's just to hot to do much work on land. Good luck truth !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread