Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Topic thread for very fine material handling ether dry or wet presses.

The gold cube, shaker table, electrostatic, miller table processes come to mind for this thread topic. However there may be other process as well that I have not pointed out here.

Thanks for anyone's inputs.
A rotating trommel screen that had a blower for self cleaning could work well for very fine materials wet or dry.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A rotating trommel screen that had a blower for self cleaning could work well for very fine materials wet or dry.
Anyone use a electrostatic process with a trommel screens?
Thank you.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone use a electrostatic process with a trommel screens?
Thank you.
It would be easy to have one screen inside of the other with different polarity charge using DC. volts and just adjusted the current to give the results you want with different sized / screened materials for each run or batch of materials.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Assembler, you're going to have to have a really large surface area to screen down to 200 mesh. Otherwise you will find you have a REALLY slow feed rate. Also, a screen that fine will be fragile....you'll have to pre-screen to a near size before running material over it. If you get it figured out, I hope you'll post some video or pics.
Best,
Jim

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Assembler, you're going to have to have a really large surface area to screen down to 200 mesh. Otherwise you will find you have a REALLY slow feed rate. Also, a screen that fine will be fragile....you'll have to pre-screen to a near size before running material over it. If you get it figured out, I hope you'll post some video or pics.
Best,
Jim
Yep that's why you are not seeing much information about this on this forum in general.
I would not even consider doing this if you do not have say a 30,000 volt DC. meter and tools to handle this in a safer way. A older BK meter works well that is a analog type.

I'm starting with 2 - 13" x 36" long screens to help get enough surface area before plunging up......lol.

This is a very fine operation so the whole process is to be slowed down. That's ok as there is a whole lot less shoveling going on to start with as this will be for just rock.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep that's why you are not seeing much information about this on this forum in general.
I would not even consider doing this if you do not have say a 30,000 volt DC. meter and tools to handle this in a safer way. A older BK meter works well that is a analog type.

I'm starting with 2 - 13" x 36" long screens to help get enough surface area before plunging up......lol.

This is a very fine operation so the whole process is to be slowed down. That's ok as there is a whole lot less shoveling going on to start with as this will be for just rock.
I should point out that maybe a air blower may speed up the operation by helping to unplug the screens as they go around,

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I should point out that maybe a air blower may speed up the operation by helping to unplug the screens as they go around,
Anyone who starts to put this together will be way ahead of the crowd when it comes to hard rock......lol.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone who starts to put this together will be way ahead of the crowd when it comes to hard rock......lol.
The Big Misconception About Electricity

Some food for thought. Way above my pay grade......lol.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This will help some to start thinking about current with the pressure of the volts going on.

Some minerals naturally like to go with the flow of current.........pun intended.......lol.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minus 200 mesh ? You'll need a TON of it amount to anything ???

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking a hair blower would just blow it away .Minus 200 is like baby powder

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thinking a hair blower would just blow it away .Minus 200 is like baby powder
Not if most of the minerals you are after is clinging very strongly to the screen / belt/ plate that is charged enough.

Reactions: RTR
OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Minus 200 mesh ? You'll need a TON of it amount to anything ???
Yes this is what crushing rock is about and it is no problem. A lot of people will have at least some of the rock below the 200 mesh size so what do you do with it...........lol.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not if most of the minerals you are after is clinging very strongly to the screen / belt/ plate that is charged enough.
Yeah but if 'other minerals' are clinging to the gold its no longer minus 200 mesh ???

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes this is what crushing rock is about and it is no problem. A lot of people will have at least some of the rock below the 200 mesh size so what do you do with it...........lol.
Minus 100 is just about as small as I go.And a home made Miller catches it just fine:)

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah but if 'other minerals' are clinging to the gold its no longer minus 200 mesh ???
Gold for example will prefer the stronger charge over the weak iron charge that is from the ground or even other minerals. Natures events often can come to play here. Nature has no problem with large voltage and amperage just take a look at lightning for example.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Minus 100 is just about as small as I go.And a home made Miller catches it just fine:)
Yep I agree as most people can not pan past around 180 mesh. This is not for everyone that is for sure.

If you happen to have a number of tons to handle this is a different factor all together.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Having a lot of material that is say from 400 to 180 mesh can really add up. Always best to screen this into different sizes first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread