Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's cool !

They have Talked about Building Runaway truck ramps here on 209 . I Figured they just meant a
Separate Up hill lane Long enough to slow and Stop a Semi with Hot Breaks.
as they used to have to hit their air-horns And Come Barreling through town

The Sand Pit is a Nice addition, And the Crane ? Very Nice !

Looks like that one gets used allot

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Now that's cool !

They have Talked about Building Runaway truck ramps here on 209 . I Figured they just meant a
Separate Up hill lane Long enough to slow and Stop a Semi with Hot Breaks.
as they used to have to hit their air-horns And Come Barreling through town

The Sand Pit is a Nice addition, And the Crane ? Very Nice !

Looks like that one gets used allot

As a former OTR Driver, these are real lifesavers. Some used to actually be up hill lanes in some spots (Ozarks in Arkansas as I remember).

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it true there are heavy fines if you have to use them?
If they Have them here in PA yes probably. Like DUI , Pulling trucks over in Mass Numbers Here
at the I 81 Exit and Doing Surprise Inspections on Trucks is big money . they will nickle and dime them
if they can't get enough big fines. I heard once The truck Can be New from the Factory
And if the PA Inspectors Pull it over leaving the sales Lot, its Guaranteed they can Find a Few Hundred dollars worth of Violations.

true or not hot breaks will be blamed on the trucker.

randywa

Sep 29, 2017
S.W. Mo.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't heard of a fine, but towing can run from $2500.00 to upwards of $10,000.00, depending on damage and clean up. There will probably tickets for failure to maintain control, operating faulty equipment, and whatever else they can think of. The truck and trailer will be placed out of service until the brakes and drum are replace, most likely wheels seals too, and I've seen axles warp from the heat. And there'll probably be air lines torn off and maybe fuel lines.
And then the hazardous materials clean up from what's left of your shorts.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
true or not hot breaks will be blamed on the trucker.
Yes. The reasons for overheating your brakes can vary from being inexperienced and not knowing how to properly apply brakes on a long grade to not properly adjusting the brakes before hitting some of these grades.

Lots of times I have pulled over before driving the Boston Mountains in Arkansas to adjust my trailer and rear tandem brakes before heading down . . . of course this was more than 30 years ago. Hopefully they have a better way to do this today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread