Trump moves to loosen mining regulations, approve projects as he exits

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From Reuters:

Administration officials tell Reuters they plan to publish a raft of decisions on Jan. 15 that will expand miners’ access to federal lands, give final approval to Lithium Americas Corp’s Nevada lithium mine and approve a land swap for a Rio Tinto Ltd Arizona copper mining project, among other steps.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ns-approve-projects-as-he-exits-idUSKBN29D1AD

I think the biggest changes are going to be the right to use federal lands for tailings storage and the fast tracking of mine permitting. (Fast-41 is an Obama fast permitting scheme that mining has been left out of until now.)

Heavy Pans

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That will probably last until January 21.

OP
OP
Clay Diggins

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most of these changes will take a year or more to undo. There is a process to follow. It takes time to change these things. It took a long time to create and implement these new regulations. Politics will get in the way. If this falls off the public radar or doesn't lead to political profit it will never be undone. Washington D.C. is ...different.

I doubt the Fast Track thing can be changed anytime soon. It passed all the committees and I doubt they will be inclined to do this process again for a different executive. If so they will need to go through the same whole process again for all those agencies.

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Indeed some regulatory changes cannot be changed by a new administration without quite a bit of time and process.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Politics - now there is a four letter word for you!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any more political comments and offender(s) will lose posting privileges for awhile. If members want to post politics join as charter member and post on our politics forum.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds fair enough ! After all ,rules are rules ! It looks as though I am guilty and I'll try to mend my ways !:BangHead:

Thank you sir for understanding. :icon_thumright: Occasional mistake is understandable and usually overlooked by mods, member repeatedly posting politics isn't.

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Changes??? They promise us what they think we wish to hear. Nothing more, usually less. Move to Nevada or Arizona before they become Californicated by the escapees.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread