jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I Wanna be treated Like a Free adult !
I wanna be able to Make My Own Decisions, Good or Bad, They are Mine !
I don't chase people down & rip their masks off to Spit on them !

If we all let the Powers that Be Dictate what's good for us,
the Children of the Country will learn to do the Same.

Let me Make My own Decisions I'll be 65 on June 14:coffee2:
I don't want or Need a Baby sitter !
I lived my Life as a Free American.
I expect to do the same MY WAY !

Last edited:

Baribal

Jan 28, 2020
Germany
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately I couldn't read all comments but I've read some.
Just one question, is the situation in all of America like the one shown in the video? (I know, pretty bad source. Didn't find anything better at the moment)
https://9gag.com/gag/a9R3nBK
As someone living in Europe it is completely absurd to watch that. Don't want to sound disrespectful but we've got a pretty decent healthcare system in my country and we prepared in advance as good as possible, yet we wouldn't dare it to go out and protest.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just one question, is the situation in all of America like the one shown in the video? (I know, pretty bad source. Didn't find anything better at the moment)
As someone living in Europe it is completely absurd to watch that. Don't want to sound disrespectful but we've got a pretty decent healthcare system in my country and we prepared in advance as good as possible, yet we wouldn't dare it to go out and protest.

Wow! The media has found some eccentric examples in that video for sure.

Many people realize the threat of easy spread , it's seriousness and the protective measures to reduce it.
People are protesting being confined (mostly voluntary confinement/reduced social contact) when small businesses suffer , recreation is reduced and uncertain economic future looms.
Many (not all) people here are conditioned to work. (By choice) To socialize , to wander about in between home and work. To shop frequently ect..
The shift to staying home does not sit well with everyone...

Depending who you ask , more than half of the country is concerned that opening up peoples social interactions and mobility and re-opening businesses ect. too soon , will be detrimental.

Peaceful assembly to protest here is a right being exercised.
Good examples of how to protest/demonstrate amid a pandemic by practicing know methods of protection from spread, staying on topic without fringe groups unrelated to the topic drawing media attention , and keeping people who defeat intelligent communication you wouldn't want on camera away are other matters....

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I Wanna be treated Like a Free adult !
I wanna be able to Make My Own Decisions, Good or Bad, They are Mine !
I don't chase people down & rip their masks off to Spit on them !

If we all let the Powers that Be Dictate what's good for us,
the Children of the Country will learn to do the Same.

Let me Make My own Decisions I'll be 65 on June 14:coffee2:
I don't want or Need a Baby sitter !
I lived my Life as a Free American.
I expect to do the same MY WAY !

But Billy leaned back in his chair with only two chair legs touching to floor. He could have cracked his head open. Now none of the childeren are allowed to have chairs. The kids will now sit on the floor at gunpoint, before someone might decide to go swimming after lunch or take up smoking cigarettes.

The world is a dangerous place. Please, let your keepers make themselves safe from your irresponsibility.

[/sarcasm]

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

England
Confirmed 124,743 {(+10,526)
Deaths 16,509 (+1042)
Recovered 1,918
Population

America
Confirmed 772,665 (+32,108)
Deaths 41,155 (+2.176)
Recovered 70,859 (+4,211)
Population 330,621,157

America has 5 times the population of England so it appears we are not that far apart. American has a Constitution, in it our Bill of Rights guarantees our right to assemble and to protest if we choose.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
presymptomatic and asymptomatic are the conditions i worry about
you dont know your infected,and could be infecting others. I dont
understand how, without testing everyone, these individuals can be
ID and cured, as i dont think the virus just dies, or becomes non
transmissible b/c of that type of condition. wonder if your antibodies
can kill it when you have that condition, and how long it takes, if at all
more questions than answers

new research published by the CDC suggests that presymptomatic and asymptomatic
people infected with the coronavirus could pass the virus to other individuals.

"Wearing a mask minimizes the odds that you'll infect someone else,"
he says. "Broad use of masks is a good idea. It protects the people
around you. If we're all filtering (by using masks), we're decreasing
the amount of secretions and aerosol that comes out of our nose and mouth."

https://health.usnews.com/health-ca...ic-coronavirus-carriers-what-you-need-to-know

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I would rather err on the side of caution than jumpstart getting out and about without protection for myself and others.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait too long and there will be nothing to return to, the longer we are shut down the more desperate people will become.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
remember you don't enter into the "forbidden zone" between states

ilQFP.jpg

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are special people indeed. In general it doesn't look like America is trying to protect its' people. To someone from a foreign country it more looks like a political fight. "Corona is bad because Democrats did/didn't do XY"; "Corona is so bad because of Trump"; "Corona isn't so bad, it's the libtards overreacting". It doesn't look like you're trying to stay togethter to fight that virus. It's more of a constant search for a scapegoat.
As said, I don't want to sound disrespectful but that's what it looks like from our point of view

When the horse out out of the barn and no one wants to claim ownership , or go chase it down ; the horse is still out of the barn...

I'm seeing people trying seriously to avoid spread in my area. Seldom as I'm out in it.
And they have been since mid March where I'm at.

Nothing like the video around me!!!! Though few people and no big city either..
Masks ,gloves, social distancing of a few-several feet (about two meters) are pretty steady.
More distancing than masks maybe. More masks than gloves. At grocery stores maybe more gloves than no gloves being worn. (I don't study it very hard, but do note the change from pre-virus days.)
Floors with X"s taped for positions at check out areas. Some stores ( among those allowed to be opened) limiting number of people allowed in .
Making isles one way traffic instead of two. Ect..

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are special people indeed. In general it doesn't look like America is trying to protect its' people. To someone from a foreign country it more looks like a political fight. "Corona is bad because Democrats did/didn't do XY"; "Corona is so bad because of Trump"; "Corona isn't so bad, it's the libtards overreacting". It doesn't look like you're trying to stay togethter to fight that virus. It's more of a constant search for a scapegoat.
As said, I don't want to sound disrespectful but that's what it looks like from our point of view

You are correct, America is not trying to protect its people.

The People are protecting America. This ain't Europe. The cops can't just demand your papers and investigate your movements. We don't put up with that. Here in Anerica the cops have no more rights than any other citizen.

Who the hell is the governor of Michigan to tell me I can't plant a vegetable garden or fish out of my boat which I already paid to register with the State? Because that is what is going on here, and these orders are ultimately enforced at gunpoint. It's preposterous!

Baribal

Jan 28, 2020
Germany
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait too long and there will be nothing to return to, the longer we are shut down the more desperate people will become.

Wait too short and there will be nothing to return to, the shorter we are shut down, the more people will be infected and die

Baribal

Jan 28, 2020
Germany
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct, America is not trying to protect its people.

The People are protecting America. This ain't Europe. The cops can't just demand your papers and investigate your movements. We don't put up with that. Here in Anerica the cops have no more rights than any other citizen.

Who the hell is the governor of Michigan to tell me I can't plant a vegetable garden or fish out of my boat which I already paid to register with the State? Because that is what is going on here, and these orders are ultimately enforced at gunpoint. It's preposterous!

What are you protecting America from and how can you protect it by demonstrating or simply by going outside while there's a virus killing your people?(especially in an environment that can kill you?)
It doesn't make sense to me. People you've put in place made the rules and now you need to protect yourself from those rules? How does that make sense? As I said, it sounds like it is more of a political thing than common sense . And also where is the problem to tell police where I'm going when they pull me over (which has never happened to me in the past 24 years) They won't shoot/assault me. It doesn't matter and has nothing to do with my freedom

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other

With no political intent on my end your not far off. Politicizing most any position has been the method of choice for many in the US from at least the early 90's. A lot of legit arguments have de-volved into trash talk for position. I hope the world doesn't follow. Germany has shown solidarity.
I especially disagree with what some Americans refer to as "Their" freedoms.
Some embrace an interpretation of personal freedom that rejects personal responsibility. The example usually explained in Law 101, we don't have the freedom to yell fire in a crowded movie theater we also don't have the freedom to expose others to a possible virus or any other harm we could prevent.
Some might become part of a group that doesn't seem to want to understand the difference. Their position is not supported by the Constitution or the Bill of Rights. In America, and most other countries, intentionally harming someone else is illegal.
Now some want to politicize this event as if the Virus cares. Denial for what ever reason is still denial based on nothing scientific, just a boneheadedness or worse, based on emotions.
No one has any freedom to expose me to a possible agonizing death so get your a$$ away even if your not sick, don't think your sick, don't care if you infect anyone else, believe it's a hoax, or any other real or made up excuse.

While not comparing Corona to AIDS even though both are viruses, I do remember one thing the science said about AIDS. That was some estimated a vaccine would probably take 14 years. Still no vaccine today. Even now the meds just keep some alive. I mention this to remember how tricky a virus can be.

I have been taught that in survival of a species, everything has a reason or purpose. A virus kills it's host. Where's the logic?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are you protecting America from and how can you protect it by demonstrating or simply by going outside while there's a virus killing your people?(especially in an environment that can kill you?)
It doesn't make sense to me. People you've put in place made the rules and now you need to protect yourself from those rules? How does that make sense? As I said, it sounds like it is more of a political thing than common sense . And also where is the problem to tell police where I'm going when they pull me over (which has never happened to me in the past 24 years) They won't shoot/assault me. It doesn't matter and has nothing to do with my freedom

Baribal, your not an American so you want understand and to explain it further would violate our rules on politics as your post is on the verge of violating our rules on politics outside of our politics forum, if you join as a charter member you can access our politics forum and there it is explained.

Hvacker, our 1st, 5th and 14th amendment all address the rights being violated right now. To explain any further in this thread will violate our rules on politics so I want, your post is on verge of violating rules as well. Join as charter member and it can be openly discussed in our politics forum.

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(Quote deleted for politics)

And this has been one of my concerns, as to "how we appear on the world stage"...

Some, see us braving the unknown courageously,
others see, citizens running around like their hair's on fire...
I believe we can mostly thank lamestreammedia, for airing the pics,
how others interpret them, that's on them.

Reality here is, most, are hunkering down, plenty of food, gas, ammo, & seeds.
Our hospital personnel are kicking butts & taking names, Bless them all...
Our first responders, for the most part, are doing the right thing...
Our essential workers are still working....
Farmers are farming and trucks are rolling....
Only thing left, is to slowly bring this puppy back up & working, as best we can,
within the confines of the circumstances given.
We're adults. We're not all stupid!

Our lifeguards, beach patrols, & Police patrols have done an excellent job,
at keeping law abiding citizens away from public (restricted) areas.
I hope they serve as well, as to keep malicious & violent law breakers,
away from the law abiding public, when our public areas open back up!
There's always that one idiot in the bunch.... they should remove the idiots and
leave those doing the right things, alone!
Again, we're adults. We're not all stupid!

Oh, and get that Charter Membership... :laughing7:
Hope that was ok TH, I was trying not to dance the line.... :laughing7:
and agree on that 1st, 5th, & 14th, though...

Last edited by a moderator:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So long as I appear to be alive the rest is irrelevant...:icon_thumleft:
Lol... :laughing7:
I was just thinking along the lines,
"don't nobody need to go getting no hinky ideas right now...." :wink:
ifyouknowwhatimean…. :icon_salut:

dokc

Oct 24, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still can't get over the fact that there are some people who scream about their rights but disregard the rights of others. As stated in here you don't have the right to purposefully risk the lives of others. If you go out now and ignore the advice of medical professionals you are the same as attempted murder in my opinion as everyone has seen enough news to know the dangers! If you are one of those that get sick after ignoring the medical advice please go out in the woods and stay until you get better or pass so that you don't spread it to others - keep your freedom to yourself! My daughter is a nurse and I haven't been able to get within arms reach of her in weeks, she has kids that she keeps away from her until she is scrubbed clean in the barn just to keep it out of the house!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do masks work ?

if so 2 Persons with the Mask in a Crowd of 3 Protects all.

If Masks Don't work, Who's to say Who Infected them ? Could have been the Other person with the Mask

If you stay 6 feet away from someone & Don't hock Loogies all over, You are also Protecting Others :coffee2:

Masks are overkill in My opinion, Distance is what Matters.
Learn not to Spit.

I like to Comfortably Breathe air, Not feel like I have Asthma Or fear what goobers are attached to the Cloth
and Peculating all the Time I'm wearing it breathing in and out heavily & Sweating like in a Halloween Mask

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread