Trx pinpointer

jadeblackhawk

May 27, 2006
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
I don't see a forum for the pinpointer, so hopefully someone here can help.

I bought a new TRX pinpointer, but it won't go to the vibrate only mode. I'm turning it on, then holding the power button as the manual states. It will only cycle through 1 beep/vibrate to four beeps & vibrate. I can not get it to do either vibrate only or beep only. What am I missing (except my $).

I had to put some paper towel in the battery cap so it would stay turned on too. Don't know if that's a problem with the AA batteries only, since mine didn't come with the 9 volt adapter for some reason, so I couldn't try that battery instead. (I didn't realize it was missing, until I tried to put a 9 volt in at the lake today, only to realize the battery was much too small on it's own).

Thanks

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out this video and see if it helps get you going. good luck, the TRX is great in my book.

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same problem with mine staying on. I cut a plastic bottle cap and used it as a shim. Now it works fine.

OP
OP
jadeblackhawk

jadeblackhawk

May 27, 2006
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
thanks for the video, but mine doesn't do this. It just cycles through the 4 sens levels and nothing else. Not sure what is going on. :dontknow:

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would contact Whites about it, they are very good about repairing or replacing. Just go to their website for contact info

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread