Trying to decide which machine to sell!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everybody! Been quite awhile since I last posted. Hoping to get a bit of input here. I purchased a Nokta Makro Simplex+ about 2 years ago and just bought the SP24 coil for it. After seeing the specs, I just pulled the trigger on a Minelab X-Terra Pro. I bought a Teknetics Patriot (F70) back in 2017 and I also have a first gen Fisher Gold Bug (a keeper). My dilemma is I really don't need/want 3 general purpose machines so I was planning to sell either the Patriot or the Simplex. Should I keep the Patriot (also have Nel Sharpshooter for it) or should I keep the Simplex? I'm leaning toward selling the Simplex, I really do like it, although I know it is more of an "entry level" machine but the performance and software upgrade ability is nice. The Patriot is a great, deep machine but it is more 'old school' tech. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Great to get back into digging and be here posting again! Thanks so much again for any advice. Scott

Upvote 0

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F70 is 13 khz, The X terra can be switched between 10 & 15, the Simplex is 12Khz.... so not much in it - as you said. They all weigh the same... Im wondering why you went with the xterra and not the SMF Vanquish? Did you do a depth shootout with any of these?
I personally would sell the Simplex. The Patriot is about as deep as the F75. The Patriot also uses convenient AA batteries that last FOR EVER.
The Xterra is waterproof and has more frequencies than the simplex. So yeah, sell the simplex and keep the patriot in the back of the truck...

Chub

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back! Good luck on selling your machines!

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F70 is 13 khz, The X terra can be switched between 10 & 15, the Simplex is 12Khz.... so not much in it - as you said. They all weigh the same... Im wondering why you went with the xterra and not the SMF Vanquish? Did you do a depth shootout with any of these?
I personally would sell the Simplex. The Patriot is about as deep as the F75. The Patriot also uses convenient AA batteries that last FOR EVER.
The Xterra is waterproof and has more frequencies than the simplex. So yeah, sell the simplex and keep the patriot in the back of the truck...

Thanks for your reply. As far as the X-Terra vs. Vanquish, I had an XT 505 years ago and loved that machine and I am hoping Minelab kept some of that magic in the new machine! Seems trivial, but I love the toggle pinpoint of the XT as well. The Vanquish looks great but I think the switchable freq of the XT will be just fine with me, and at the price point, easier to justify to the wife, lol! I am feeling the same way about the Tek, batteries that can be easily replaced and last so damn long is definitely good for a 2nd machine. The Patriot also is very hot and I have had some good finds and a lot of fun with it. I also feel that it's unlikely that Nokta will do further software updates with 3 new simplex machines being released soon. Some of the buttons on the Simplex can be hard on the thumb as well, I noticed the new models have different buttons entirely. So I will post the Simplex for sale and Keep the Patriot! Thanks again for your input and Happy Hunting

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see calabash also did a nice shootout on the beach between the xterra pro and the simplex....the pro blew it into the weeds,,,

Chub

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see calabash also did a nice shootout on the beach between the xterra pro and the simplex....the pro blew it into the weeds,,,

Chub
Yeah I saw that too! Looks like the better machine of the 2 for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread