Tucson: Desert Gold Diggers outing 8/8/21

Ed144

Apr 27, 2015
Saddlebrooke, Pinal County, Az.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom and XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I joined the Desert Gold Diggers of Tucson and went to a group outing for the first time. The club has 23 claims! All of the claims are nearest the Tucson area. Three of the claims are within about 1 hour of my home north of Oro Valley so I suspect I'm going to get to know the claims well. The group is very friendly and helpful and explained their sluice setups and best places to dig. There was water running in the Wishful 1, 2, 3 and 4 claims so everyone was using recirculating sluice boxes and pans. I think everyone found some color. The road access was very good with the last few miles on a 2WD capable dirt road. One could park along the road and start panning since the claim straddled the road. I scouted and detected the area. I found some bits of junk like bullets and fragments of cans and wire. If anyone would like to get out and do some gold detecting or panning PM me. I can take one guest to a claim once. Ed, Tucson.

OP
OP
E

Ed144

Apr 27, 2015
Saddlebrooke, Pinal County, Az.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom and XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out to the Bruiser 2 and 3 claims near Oracle with the Tucson Desert Gold Diggers club yesterday. There was not much water in the gulch at Bruiser 2 but about 200 yards from the west end of Bruiser 3 there was about 1 GPM of water flowing out of the base of some bed rock in the gulch. It flowed for about 30' then went into the gravel again. There were spots in the gulch were the gravel was wet. Enough water could likely be found for panning or running a recirculator if a hole was dug. The road was 4WD accessible but gets pretty rough. I had no trouble with a Jeep Gladiator and about 10' of clearance.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful area down there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread