Turkeyrtail, Dalton, & Big Pink Ledbetter Point from our last 2 Hunts at River Site

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Turkeyrtail, Dalton, & Big Pink Ledbetter Point from our last 2 Hunts at River Site

After our last artifact hunt in late June, we have had a lot of rainfall preventing Steve & I from returning to the Cumberland River bottom planted in Burley tobacco. The heavy rains had eroded the high points in the Native American village even more than we expected. We made an afternoon hunt on July 11. I found the 3.25 in. long pink Ledbetter point shown in the pic. That artifact dates to 3,500-6,000 years old. Steve eyeballed a Dalton point dating from 9,200-10,000 years old but it had an ear broken off the base. Our finds from the July 11 hunt are shown in the pic on the blue background.
We returned to the site on July 13 which just happened to be Steve’s birthday. He was rewarded with the find of the day with a perfect Turkeytail point dating from 2,500-4,000 years old. I found a nice stemmed point and a small Woodland era point that have been few and far between at this site. Our finds from yesterday’s hunt are shown on the beige background and I attached a pic of Steve’s Turkeytail point. This will be our last hunt at this site this year. Thanks to Tnmountains for his expertise in identifying the Ledbetter point. Enjoy the video, Q.

Attachments

• DSCN2066.JPG
    DSCN2066.JPG
    655 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN2071.JPG
    DSCN2071.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 174
  • DSCN2091.JPG
    DSCN2091.JPG
    716.7 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN2090.JPG
    DSCN2090.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Upvote 29

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great early native finds , 10 thousands year old points ??? ya never know Q Tenn ... whats cool about that is 8-) might dig up a woolly mammoth tusk ... :laughing7:

daWg

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After our last artifact hunt in late June, we have had a lot of rainfall preventing Steve & I from returning to the Cumberland River bottom planted in Burley tobacco. The heavy rains had eroded the high points in the Native American village even more than we expected. We made an afternoon hunt on July 11. I found the 3.25 in. long pink Ledbetter point shown in the pic. That artifact dates to 3,500-6,000 years old. Steve eyeballed a Dalton point dating from 9,200-10,000 years old but it had an ear broken off the base. Our finds from the July 11 hunt are shown in the pic on the blue background.
We returned to the site on July 13 which just happened to be Steve’s birthday. He was rewarded with the find of the day with a perfect Turkeytail point dating from 2,500-4,000 years old. I found a nice stemmed point and a small Woodland era point that have been few and far between at this site. Our finds from yesterday’s hunt are shown on the beige background and I attached a pic of Steve’s Turkeytail point. This will be our last hunt at this site this year. Thanks to Tnmountains for his expertise in identifying the Ledbetter point. Enjoy the video, Q.

Awesome Native American Artifacts .
Like whammy stated "Hard to find places anymore" & that goes for CW spots as well.

It's Great to see you Guy's Finding Something.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks to all who looked and replied. This may be our last hunt ever at this site if the farmer leasing the land uses the new method of "plugging" tobacco that is effectively no till where the land is never deep plowed or the section of the river bottom where we find the artifacts is not plowed. HH, Q.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At lest you were able to save the ones you did!
Well done!!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds, you two! Thanks for taking us along. Happy Belated Birthday, Steve. :)
Nana

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread