Turtle rock

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haven't the faintest...but it's a good question.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I’ve been told that many Native Americans revere the turtle. It often is a symbol of the Earth. Also it is a symbol of protection, medicine and a long life. As with nearly any “find” I would consider it a good one. I don’t really subscribe to too much symbolic meaning. I understand the lore, but to me a wolf is a wolf . I say this with no disrespect to any ancestors. Some people do have different spiritual connections and I respect those.

sky2023

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2023
Southwest USA
Detector(s) used
Metal/Photo/Markers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What should I do if I find a turtle carving? Is it a good sign?
Turtle is a sign for treasure. The head of the turtle is most likely pointing in treasure direction. If head is gone treasure has been removed. Also treasure maybe inside the turtle, rock made by stonemasons with cache inside. People believe the turtle originated from the spanish but it goes way further back than that. Phoenicians, knights templar, romans all used hearts owls turtles for signs

OP
OP
M
Jan 19, 2023
mt laffee
Turtle is a sign for treasure. The head of the turtle is most likely pointing in treasure direction. If head is gone treasure has been removed. Also treasure maybe inside the turtle, rock made by stonemasons with cache inside. People believe the turtle originated from the spanish but it goes way further back than that. Phoenicians, knights templar, romans all used hearts owls turtles for signs
Thank you! Also what about if there is a snake nearby on another rock

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I am unaware of the Knights Templar using turtle signs. Do you have a source for the info? I’d like to read up on it. I’ve devoted many years studying the KT and am interested in anything I’ve missed. Thanks

sky2023

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2023
Southwest USA
Detector(s) used
Metal/Photo/Markers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am unaware of the Knights Templar using turtle signs. Do you have a source for the info? I’d like to read up on it. I’ve devoted many years studying the KT and am interested in anything I’ve missed. Thanks
The people before the knights templar used turtles they just followed the same signs just as the spanish did. I know this from exploring and seeing their cross and turtles in the same location. Can PM me if want more info

sky2023

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2023
Southwest USA
Detector(s) used
Metal/Photo/Markers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thank you! Also what about if there is a snake nearby on another rock
Snake is another treasure sign could also be a death trap so be careful. You probably have a heart somewhere in the same location that the treasure is by. Ive seen a snake and turtle head on same rock different side and was a death trap

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
200w.gif

Follow the tortoise...

Top Member Reactions