Two gold rings, two silver Washington Quarters

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've been trying hard to break my dry spell when it comes to gold in the water and today was the day. I hit an old swim area I go to all the time but today I attacked from the ocean instead of the beach. The water was warm about the high 70's, murky- visibility about 2 feet amd at high tide 10 feet deep . The first ring took about 5 minutes to find and was almost under the boat, its a 1926 school ring with initials inside, 10K, I have no idea what school it is. Then assorted fishing sinkers, about 2 pounds with two silver Washington quarters(broke that dry spell also) and a 1953 wheat penny. The white gold ring came out shining like a headlight, I thought I had my first Platinum ring but Ill be happy with 18K white gold. I was in the water just under 3 hours when the first mate called me back to the boat due to seasickness. That is rare, she almost always can handle any weather, but the rollers got to us both. Thanks for looking.

thumbnail (1).jpg thumbnail.jpg thumbnail (2).jpg

Upvote 33

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some killer finds there imo, Congrats!:occasion14:

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds! Congrats!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Score!!!! Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loks like you had a bang'n day! Two rings is pretty spectacular, not to mention the silvers. Wow!

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outstanding day!!! Congrats!!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work, nice recoveries, congrats !!

OP
OP
mike b

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks for thr comments. I forgot to mention I used my brand new Excal to find them. Here are the rings cleaned up. I tumble them in stainless steel shot to remove the tarnish and minimize the scratches like the 18K ring. It comes out of the water clean and brite but after the scratched are gone it always looks cleaner. thumbnail.jpg thumbnail (3).jpg

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
2 gold and a couple silver quarters makes for a great outing. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your beautiful recoveries..well done

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for thr comments. I forgot to mention I used my brand new Excal to find them. Here are the rings cleaned up. I tumble them in stainless steel shot to remove the tarnish and minimize the scratches like the 18K ring. It comes out of the water clean and brite but after the scratched are gone it always looks cleaner. View attachment 1941138 View attachment 1941139

Congrats on the finds Mike.
I haven't read past posts of your, so sorry if you've explained this in the past but: do you use scuba gear when hunting? At what depth do you search?

- Brian

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice early class ring - congrats

OP
OP
mike b

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Congrats on the finds Mike.
I haven't read past posts of your, so sorry if you've explained this in the past but: do you use scuba gear when hunting? At what depth do you search?

- Brian

I wade some places with just a mask and snorkel but thats when Im usually on vacation and I cant bring all my gear. Mostly full scuba gear and mostly from a boat. I go old swim beaches and old steamboat piers and the area around them, the depth is 10 - 20 feet depending on the tide. Before Memorial day/after labor day when thr lifeguards are gone Ill hit modern beaches that are still in use now.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wade some places with just a mask and snorkel but thats when Im usually on vacation and I cant bring all my gear. Mostly full scuba gear and mostly from a boat. I go old swim beaches and old steamboat piers and the area around them, the depth is 10 - 20 feet depending on the tide. Before Memorial day/after labor day when thr lifeguards are gone Ill hit modern beaches that are still in use now.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the input.
I bought a Nemo snuba / hookah unit from diveblu3.com and I'm trying to figure out how to expand my metal detecting to using that unit underwater. We have old swim beaches at some of the lakes here in northern NJ that I'm thinking about trying.
If you have any recommended YouTube videos that I can watch to observe people do this sort of thing, I'd love that.

- Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread