Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday was the only nice day of the Thanksgiving weekend, but it was also the first day of deer season in Pennsylvania. You don't want to be in the rural areas where my older sites are, because you may get hit with a stray bullet. So I decided to check out my mother's neighbor's yard. The house was built in 1947, so I was hoping for a silver coin or two. I spent about two hours and covered half of the back yard. This yard must have been home to a lot of back yard football games in the 1950s and 60s - back when kids still played outdoors :laughing7:

I dug a total of 29 coins - 3 silver Rosies, 1 Merc, 1 War Nickel, 17 Wheatback pennies, 3 Lincoln Memorial pennies, 2 Jefferson Nickels, 1 clad quarter and 1 clad dime. Hardly any trash at all in this yard.

All Dirty.jpg

Silvers.jpg

All Clean.jpg

Upvote 33

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Saturday was the only nice day of the Thanksgiving weekend, but it was also the first day of deer season in Pennsylvania. You don't want to be in the rural areas where my older sites are, because you may get hit with a stray bullet. So I decided to check out my mother's neighbor's yard. The house was built in 1947, so I was hoping for a silver coin or two. I spent about two hours and covered half of the back yard. This yard must have been home to a lot of back yard football games in the 1950s and 60s - back when kids still played outdoors :laughing7:

I dug a total of 29 coins - 3 silver Rosies, 1 Merc, 1 War Nickel, 17 Wheatback pennies, 3 Lincoln Memorial pennies, 2 Jefferson Nickels, 1 clad quarter and 1 clad dime. Hardly any trash at all in this yard.

View attachment 2057392
View attachment 2057393
View attachment 2057394
fun day lots of targets!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2057392
View attachment 2057393
View attachment 2057394
Very Nice!!!!! That’s a Good Day!!! Congrats!!!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2057392
View attachment 2057393
View attachment 2057394
Looks like a fun hunt Steve! Congrats on the handful of silvers.

mddavis3

May 13, 2019
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2057392
View attachment 2057393
View attachment 2057394
Awesome hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread