Two hours in the woods

VaGent

Apr 20, 2021
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently Deus XP, also have 2 Minelab Explorer XS as backups.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• SAM_7446.JPG
    SAM_7446.JPG
    761.8 KB · Views: 122
  • KIMG0308.jpg
    KIMG0308.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 86
  • KIMG0307.jpg
    KIMG0307.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 29

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Great finds! The tree frogs are getting noisy in Iowa, so the snakes should be warming up as well. Thanks for showing him!

OP
OP
VaGent

VaGent

Apr 20, 2021
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As this is my first spring in VA, do you recommend snake boots or gaiters when out hunting the woods? I haven't seen any on my property yet but I know there are plenty out there.
I am in the middle of the state, so no water moccosins or rattlers in my area, just the occasional copperhead. I have never used those, I just wear tall thick boots, but I might consider it if I did need to worry about rattlesnakes. TBH once it gets hot enough for them to be really active, I put down the detector until the Fall. Not just because of snakes, but also because of spiders/spiderwebs, ticks, mosquitos, poison ivy, thick vegetation, and the heat and humidity that my old body can't take like it used to.

Oh, and since you mention being in Virginia, just a reminder that Spring Turkey season starts next week, so stay out of the woods until after 12 noon....

Best of luck to you!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in the middle of the state, so no water moccosins or rattlers in my area, just the occasional copperhead. I have never used those, I just wear tall thick boots, but I might consider it if I did need to worry about rattlesnakes. TBH once it gets hot enough for them to be really active, I put down the detector until the Fall. Not just because of snakes, but also because of spiders/spiderwebs, ticks, mosquitos, poison ivy, thick vegetation, and the heat and humidity that my old body can't take like it used to.

Oh, and since you mention being in Virginia, just a reminder that Spring Turkey season starts next week, so stay out of the woods until after 12 noon....

Best of luck to you!
Better to wear SNAKE protection to EARLY THEN TO LATE !!1

OP
OP
VaGent

VaGent

Apr 20, 2021
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Better to wear SNAKE protection to EARLY THEN TO LATE !!1
Theres no reason for me to wear snake protection; as I said no really venomous snakes in my area, but I appreciate the concern...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread