Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

It's been a great summer out hunting in the hundred degree heat. One day the feels like temps were in the upper 110s. Yeah, crazy--but soooo worth it! Rather than fight the uploader on Tnet to try and post in my usual "magazine format" I'm just going to post links to my latest two videos, and dump all my photos below so that people won't complain that the video links are the only thing there. After 15 years on this forum and tens of thousands of posts, I don't know how long I'll continue to make posts of my finds here. So I encourage you all to follow my Instagram at BuckleboyLA and hit subscribe to my YouTube if you'd like to continue to see my recent recoveries. Of course I'll still drop in to comment and ID items, but this format isn't very conducive to showing finds compared to other platforms.

That said, on with the story...

When I dug my first GW Inaugural button in Louisiana in 2017 I thought that feat could never, ever be repeated. Literally a one-off, Find of a Lifetime. Well, what's crazy is that in a span of a few weeks I managed to find two more GW's!! The first of those is the same type as the one I dug back in 2017, but recovered in a different field miles away (which I posted here on my last finds post). It's a GWI 17-B "Long Live the President" button with a wreath. The second GW from this summer was a plain-faced flat button but bore the backmark "WASHINGTON" with the federal eagle, classified as a GWI 27-A. These buttons are thought to have been made during Washington's last year of life in 1799 as a tribute button. FYI there are Andrew Jackson buttons which also have no design on the front, and "JACKSON" or "JACKSON VICTORY" on the reverse, so clean your flat buttons carefully!

Mid-summer I discovered a new site in behind a 1930s-40s trash pit that I'd previously avoided. The site was Civil War era, and we nicknamed it the "nickel field" since we dug a total of 9 shield nickels there in a very small area. I finished up this field in the first video, and realized that I had dug the first GW since it had been in a backlog of finds left to clean (make hay while the sun (oppressive heat??!) is shining, right?). At any rate, then we moved on to an old field of ours which we'd dug tons of jaw dropping relics from, as it was fresh plowed. I recovered the second GW there, along with lots of other amazing finds dug. Finds shown: Multiple Civil War buttons, a silver ring from the 1850s, war nickel and marble surface finds, nickel trifecta, silver religious medallion, brass 10-point spur rowel, and of course the newest GW button. Enjoy.

Next to last hunt on Nickel Field:

Last hunt on Nickel Field and finding my THIRD GW:

First full hunt on the newly plowed field:

Photos below.

HH,

Buck

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 64980922812__1982F8B9-9DD4-4706-9605-BBCAF77B38BF.jpeg
    64980922812__1982F8B9-9DD4-4706-9605-BBCAF77B38BF.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 502
  • GWI27-A button.jpg
    GWI27-A button.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_6732.jpeg
    IMG_6732.jpeg
    605.1 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_6752.jpeg
    IMG_6752.jpeg
    583.7 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_6910.jpeg
    IMG_6910.jpeg
    624.9 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_6913.jpeg
    IMG_6913.jpeg
    706.4 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_6917.jpeg
    IMG_6917.jpeg
    794.5 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_6925.jpeg
    IMG_6925.jpeg
    623 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_6929.jpeg
    IMG_6929.jpeg
    360.2 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_6935.jpeg
    IMG_6935.jpeg
    588.3 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_6759.jpeg
    IMG_6759.jpeg
    567.8 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
Upvote 38

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Saves!!! Love to Rowel very nice:notworthy:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply STELLAR BB!!!!!!!!! There's really nothing that can be said besides that. And I agree with ya on the loading of pics on this site. Stay COOL down there brother!!!!!

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on another GW Button. I believe that I dug one with the plain face and Washington on the back but I didn't know what it was until recently. I only knew about Jackson and Monroe. Now, I have to find it again:icon_scratch:

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds and that GW with Washington on the back is one that's not nearly as common a find as some of the other typical GW's.

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, Congrats!!!
I totally agree with you on the pic loader, lame as hell! Can we please get something done about that? Love this site for the people, but what a love/hate relationship!

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like your still killing it down in LA. I look forward to watching your videos. Thanks for the pics too. They go great with my morning coffeee.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Phenomenal finds, Great post!!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man buckleboy I don?t know much more to tell you anymore besides you?re living the dream. It?s amazing all that you find in the fields you hunt that are worth their weight in gold. Congratulations for the mind blowing relics and coins that you find by this time I would think your room is like a museum.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply STELLAR BB!!!!!!!!! There's really nothing that can be said besides that. And I agree with ya on the loading of pics on this site. Stay COOL down there brother!!!!!

thanks friend!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on another GW Button. I believe that I dug one with the plain face and Washington on the back but I didn't know what it was until recently. I only knew about Jackson and Monroe. Now, I have to find it again:icon_scratch:

yeah definitely find it and identify it as such in your collection!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and that GW with Washington on the back is one that's not nearly as common a find as some of the other typical GW's.

I agree. Had no idea what it was but the answer turned up with a little sleuthing!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, Congrats!!!
I totally agree with you on the pic loader, lame as hell! Can we please get something done about that? Love this site for the people, but what a love/hate relationship!

haha I hear ya! When I write to the admins I don’t get a reply sometimes. Makes me wonder if one day the owner will just stop paying the domain and we will all have to find a new place to live :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread