TWO SIGNS LEFT TO I.D. MINE, AS SPANISH, FRENCH, OR JESUIT.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I WILL BE BRIEF, TO BEGIN. I MISSED A RECOMENDATION TO BRING MY SEARCH TO THIS
THREAD. I'M GLAD THAT I WENT BACK TO REREAD MY OLDER POSTS.
THE PHOTOS ARE FROM THE SAME MINE SEARCH. YOU MAY HAVE SEEN THEM, AS I HAVE POSTED THEM IN 4 OR 5 OTHER THREADS.
I WILL START OUT WITH JUST A FEW AND ADD OTHERS AS NEEDED AND AS TIME PERMITS.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE USE OF ALL CAPS. I HAVE VISUAL PERSEPTIONS PROBLEMS AND THIS
HELPS ME TO READ WHAT I HAVE TYPED.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP. :read2:

PROSPECTORMIKEL.
#/;0)~(c)

Attachments

• kingmine1.jpg
    kingmine1.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 3,964
  • KINGMINE1.1.1 011.JPG
    KINGMINE1.1.1 011.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 3,723
  • kingmine1.jpg
    kingmine1.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 3,627
  • KINGMINE1.1.1 011.JPG
    KINGMINE1.1.1 011.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 3,522
Last edited:
OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE TWO SIGNS THAT I AM RESEARCHING ARE IN THE BOTTOM PIC. ON THE RIGHT SIDE.
THE FIRST IS A LARGE SIGMA SIGN...("W" TURNED 90 DEGREES, CLOCKWISE.)
THE SECOND IS JUST BELOW AND TO THE LEFT...IT IS A FANCY "Z" WITH THE CENTER PART
CROSSED, AND THE BOTTOM PART ELONGATED AND MORE SCRIPT LOOKING.

THEY ARE DARK COLORED AND THE AREA AROUND THEM ARE COVERED WITH A LIGHT GREEN MOSS THAT IS COMMON HERE IN THE OZARKS OF NW ARKANSAS.

THERE ARE SEVERAL MORE ON THE ROCK FACE, BUT THESE ARE TH ONES THAT I NEED HELP WITH.

AND THANKS AGAIN IN ADVANCE. :help: :read2:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

#/;0)~(c)

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospectormike;
I took the liberty to adjust the lighting a little bit to make it easier to see. Looks like you have a pretty good project going for you and knowing the geologic history or NW Arkansas, I'm thinking the mine would hold some interesting things..............natural AND man made. :thumbsup:

KINGMINE1.1.1 011.JPG

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS, SHORT STACK.
HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO PICK OUT THE TWO S/S YET?
IF NOT..... THEN TRY THIS...
SPLIT THE IMAGE INTO LEFT AND RIGHT HALVES, THEN GO TO THE CENTER OF THE RIGHT HALF. THAT WILL PUT YOU ON THE SIGMA SIGN.

THE Z SIGN IS JUST BELOW AND TO THE LEFT...

THERE IS ALSO A NUMBER TO THE LEFT OF THE SIGMA, IT LOOKS LIKE A 3 OR A 5. IT'S HARD TO TELL.

DON JOSE HAS INFORMED ME THAT THE Z IS NOT FOR ZINC IF IT IS SPANISH. HE POINTED OUT THAT THE WORD ZINC (IN ENGLISH) = CINC (IN SPANISH).

FROM MY ORIGINAL RESEARCH, THIS WAS PUBLISHED TO MEAN ZINC, AND TO BE A SPANISH S/S WITH A SLIGHT CHANGE AS TO WHERE THE SLASH WAS APPLIED... IN MARY CARSON'S BOOK "HANDBOOK OF TREASURE SIGNS AND SYMBOLS" 1980 EDITION, PAGE 55. MARY'S VERSION HAS THE SLASH THRU THE BOTTOM OF THE LETTER Z, AND AS SEEN ON THE BLUFF CARVING THE SLASH IS THRU THE CENTER OF THE LETTER.

I TRUST DON JOSE'S JUDGEMENT, AS HE IS VERY INTO SPANISH S/S AND HE HAS HAD CONSIDERABLE SUCCESS IN THIS FIELD.

I ALSO FOUND THE SIGMA IN A BOOK THAT I CANNOT FIND OR IT IS IN THE HANDS OF MY LATE PARTNER'S WIDOW.

THE SIGMA WAS SHOWN TO BE AN ALCHEMY SIGN THAT MEANT TO HEAT UNTIL WHITE SMOKE IS PRESENT, OR HEAT TILL WHITE HOT....... THIS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE ZINC SIGN MEANT TO ,THEN, ADD THE ZINC TO THE MOLTEN ORE TO SEPERATE THE SILVER FROM THE LEAD.

I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND THE ORIGINAL RESEARCH, AND IT IS KEEPING ME FROM FINISHING A BOOK ABOUT THE ADVENTURE IN SEEKING THE LOST MINE, AND POSSIBLE TREASURE.

MY HOPE FOR THIS THREAD IS TO SETTLE THE RESEARCH AND FINISH THE BOOK.

SO ANY HELP....A N Y H E L P... WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS
:coffee2: :coffee2:
PROSPECTORMIKEL

#/;0)~(c)

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i saw the sigma sign right away and just spotted the "Z". Yep, Don Jose is an excellent source for research and he knows his stuff on other things, too.

In your research, you might find something here: http://digital.library.upenn.edu/books/ I've found some interesting books here and most can be downloaded free.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Mike,
Please note that your circle is a modified sun sign.
It has rays, so no matter how screwy they seem they represent a RISING sun and say... Go East.
the longest ray may be the determiner but count the rays and go east in the measure laid out for more information.
Note that the sun is cut in half... this speaks of a half day's travel. If this is paralell to the ground or on a table-like flat surface use varas. If on a vertical surface use Spanish feet. The Spanish foot is 12 Inches but the Spanish inch is .91 of the modern inch.
This makes a Spanish foot about 10 regular inches long.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS, OLD DOG.

THE ROCK THAT HAS THE CIRCLE CARVED IN IT, IS BURIED FLAT AND LEVEL WITH THE GROUND. AND YES, THE THE SUMBEAMS ARE FOR MEASUREMENT, (I WILL NOT DISPLAY HOW FAR BECAUSE AFTER TWO AND A HALF YEARS OF RESEARCH) IT WOULD LEAD ANY ONE THAT KNOWS WHERE THE STONE LIES, COULD FIND THE MINE. AS OF THIS DATE, I AM THE ONLY
LIVING MAN THAT KNOWS EXACTLY WHERE THE MINE OPENING IS. IT IS WELL SEALED AND
CONCEALED. IF I GO TO THE EAST FROM THERE, I FIND A LARGE OPEN PIT ZINC MINE, AND IF I GO FAR ENOUGH I FIND A TREE SIGN THAT LEADS TO ANOTHER SIGN CARVED IN ANOTHER BLUFF. AND THAT CARVING HAS AT LEAST TEN OTHER DIRECTIVES LEADING TO THAT SAME SMALL BLUFF.

I WILL TRY TO POST A PHOTO OF THE TREE SIGN. NOTE THAT THE TREE SIGN IS NOT QUITE AS OLD AS THE CARVING OF THE KEYSTONE. (BASED ON THE WEATHERING OF THE CARVINGS.

THANKS FOR THE INFO. IF YOU FIND ANY INFO ON THE SIGMA AND THE Z SIGNS, I WOULD
GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP OR EVEN A SMALL LEAD AS TO WHERE I CAN FIND INFO ON THEM.

MY LATE PARTNER AND I LOGGED ABOUT TWENTY FIVE, OR SO, CARVINGS AND TREE SIGNS OVER THOSE TWO AND A HALF YEARS AND THE LAST TWO HAVE STOPPED ME FROM FINISHING MY BOOK.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP.
:coffee2: :coffee2:

MIKEL
#/;0)~(c)

Attachments

• KINGMINE1.1.1 002.JPG
    KINGMINE1.1.1 002.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 3,250
  • KINGMINE1.1.1 002.JPG
    KINGMINE1.1.1 002.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 3,000
Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike:
Just pointing out that the sigma sign is used in higher level math as well as the "X" and other letters. I've sent some links to math websites just for cross checks. These are also Greek symbols for other matters. Do a bing or Google search for Greek symbols and you'll find many sites on that subject. There is at least one site with thumbnails of each symbol and variations used by different groups. This might be another good research source.

Have you done any genealogy type research on the area you are in to see if there are any family connections to mining / Masons / etc. During the War of Northern Aggression, chunks of raw lead were recovered from lead mines in Arkansas, Missouri, and other areas by Confederates for molding minie ball ammo in the field. Could those signs be military connected??

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Mike , the compass symbol ( circle with a stem out the bottom ) in my site that I have worked its straight ahead, the slight angle thru the circle may be a trick or it may be a slight angle correction, or it may be that the trail divides, theres several variations, diamond shape long end shows direction, ( compact diamond )- 1/2 circle ( wine glass ) huge ( 16 inches across ) seems that they used the same for a 4 inch circle as they did for a 4 inch drill hole ( 10 CM ), smaller circle = measure by the foot, seems that the 16 inch circle ( same as a 16 inch drill hole = 4 X 4 = 4 X distance. Don't know if this works on your site or not, Jesuit it seems that they were tricky critters

S

Smee

I love it when folks post Native American Trail Trees. As we were so rich, had all these mines, commanded so much wealth that it was worth attempting genocide . . . why in the heck didn't we try to buy our way out? Why did we let Andrew Jackson take all of the Cherokee land (where these trees are also found) and why did we walk from Georgia to western Arkansas in the winter time where so many of our people died along the way?

Do you not think that there are other things of importance besides wealth? Perhaps spiritual places ?? Or maybe water marker trees, so that one could find a fresh water source even in the hottest dryest summer? Possibly a grave marker? A guide to shelter? Why is it so difficult to understand that these are not trees related to treasure?

Thank goodness that there should soon be Federal protection in place for those remaining trees.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS FOR ALL OF THE NEW LEADS FOLKS.

I HAVE WORKED TO SOLVE THESE CARVINGS, AND WHILE I DID SPEND A FEW YEARS FOLLOWING THE TRAILS, MARKERS, SIGNS AND SYMBOLS, DOCUMENTING EXISTENCE AND LOCATION OF MANY MARKS LEFT FOR HISTORY, MY PARTNER PHOTOGRAPHED ME NEAR SOME OF THEM, AND I PHOTOGRAPHED HIM NEAR SOME. I FEEL THAT SOME OF THE PHOTOS APPEAR QUITE OLD, AND I APPEAR QUITE OLD IN SOME OF THE PHOTOS, BUT I ASSURE YOU ALL, THAT I WAS NOT THERE WHEN THE CARVINGS WERE MADE. I WAS NOT THERE WHEN THE TREES WERE PLANTED, BENT, NOBBED,OR GRAFTED.

I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE "TRAIL OF TEARS", WHICH CROSSED ARKANSAS ABOUT THIRTY OR FORTY MILES SOUTH OF THE TRAIL MARKER IN THE PHOTO ON MY THREAD.
IT'S EXISTENCE, BEING TO THE EAST OF THE STONE MARKER WAS NOT OF MY DOING.

IN SHORT, ALL OF THE MARKINGS DOCUMENTED, PREDATE MY EXISTENCE, AND NONE OF THEM HAVE BEEN HARMED, MOVED, TRANSPLANTED OR ALTERED IN ANY WAY, BY ME.

IF THIS WAS DONE BY INDIANS THE ONLY INDIANS RECORDED IN THIS AREA WERE THE OSAGE.

I AM GENERALLY SPEAKING, NOT THIS DEFENSIVE, BUT IT FEALS AS THOUGH I WAS JUST AMBUSHED.

PLEASE TRY TO BE POLITE. THIS THREAD HAS ONE REASON FOR BEING HERE ON
"TREASURE NET". IT IS HERE FOR ENLIGHTENMENT.

THANK YOU
:read2:
:icon_sunny:
PROSPECTORMIKEL

S

Smee

PROSPECTORMIKEL said:
THE SECOND IS JUST BELOW AND TO THE LEFT...IT IS A FANCY "Z" WITH THE CENTER PART

THEY ARE DARK COLORED AND THE AREA AROUND THEM ARE COVERED WITH A LIGHT GREEN MOSS THAT IS COMMON HERE IN THE OZARKS OF NW ARKANSAS.

THERE ARE SEVERAL MORE ON THE ROCK FACE, BUT THESE ARE TH ONES THAT I NEED HELP WITH.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

The Cherokee, the folks who walked the "Trail of Tears" were removed from Northern Georgia (where they had already had their lands reduced) to NORTHWEST ARKANSAS. Not southern Arkansas, central Arkansas or even northeast Arkansas.

Thus, the tree you are looking at . . . if it is in northwest Arkansas . . . is in the territory Andrew Jackson moved the Cherokee to --- the land he swapped to them for the property in northern Georgia --- so they could gather all the gold they thought the Cherokee were hoarding.

It is not an attack on you. It is an attempt to wake up folks who think that the First Nations spent forever mining and gathering gold and silver and hoarding it before the white man arrived. Those are the kinds of stories spread by gooberment people which caused the despicable genocide in this land.

If you are old enough to remember -- before the PC folks cleaned up the history books -- Hitler used similar sentiment to eradicate the Jews in WWII.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I WILL SPEAK CLEARLY ON THE MATTER OF GENOCIDE. I DO NOT APPROVE OF IT.

MY WIFE IS OF CHEROKEE LINEAGE, AND I HAVE A FEW CHEROKEE FRIENDS AND ONLY ONE LIVES IN NW ARK, AND HE MOVED HERE FROM OKLAHOMA.
I HAVE FAMILY THAT DIED TRYING TO STOP HITLER, SO I SUSPECT THAT THEY, TOO, DISAPPROVED OF HIS ATTEMPT TO MURDER ALL OF THE JEWS.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT LEARNING ABOUT MINE SIGNS AND SYMBOLS. I DO NOT WISH TO WASTE ANY MORE TIME DISCUSSING ANYTHING THAT IS NOT ON TARGET AND ON SUBJECT.

'NUFF SAID.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smee;
Most folks on the forum can appreciate your zeal on the subject of the mistreatment of the Indians in this country, but please don't get side tracked on someone else's thread. Please start your own thread on the subject and stop harassing this man.
Thank you. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I DON'T WANT TO GIVE ANYBODY THE IDEA THAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT OUR NATIVE AMERICANS.
I KNOW THAT THEY WERE MISTREATED LONG BEFORE THE TRAIL OF TEARS. I HAVE READ
A GREAT DEAL ABOUT THEM BEING USED AS SLAVE LABOR IN MINES ONLY TO BE BURRIED ALIVE WHEN THE MINES WERE TO BE CLOSED FOR WHATEVER REASON, EACH WAS CLOSED.

WHEN MY PARTNER AND I STARTED DISCUSSING THE OPTION OF OPENING OUR MINE, THAT WAS OUR MOST IMPROTANT CONSIDERATION. NOT THE POSSIBILITY THAT THERE MAY BE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN ORE OR TREASURE, BUT RATHER THAT THERE MIGHT BE THE REMAINS OF HUNDREDS OF NATIVE AMERICAN SLAVES, LEFT TO TELL NO TRUTH OF WHAT HAPPENED. WE ONLY AGREED TO OPEN THE MINE WITH SOME ONE PRESENT TO SEE TO THE CARE OF THE SPIRITUAL NEEDS OF THEIR ANCESTORS.

WE WERE NOT WALKING THROUGH THE WOODS. WE WERE WALKING THRU HISTORY.

THIS IS WHY I HAVE DETERMINED IN MY HEART TO FIND OUT ALL THAT THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT THAT MINE BEFORE CONTINUEING THE WRITING OF THE BOOK THAT TELLS THE STORY OF THE ADVENTURE OF THE SEARCH, AND THE HISTORY OF THE MINE.

I MAY WELL TAKE THIS STORY TO MY GRAVE, BUT MY PLAN IS TO TELL THAT STORY AS BEST I CAN, AND PRESERVE THE HISTORY, OF WHICH I WAS A PART.

:read2: :coffee2: :read2:
PROSPECTORMIKEL

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike:
I gladdens my heart to read that you took steps for the spiritual needs of your project. I have offered advice in the past to folks who were expecting to find the remains of Indians on their projects, to try to have a Shaman with them to help the spirits find their peace.
You are a good man.

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MIKEL,

I, LIKE MANY HOPE TO HEAR MORE ABOUT THE STORY AND HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO POST.

IT HAS BEEN SAID BEFORE , BUT BEARS SAYING AGAIN, THE TRUE TREASURE IS NOT ALWAYS

THE FINDING AND SEEING WHAT'S INSIDE, BUT THE JOURNEY ITSELF IS THE TREASURE.

-WEEKENDER

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
Smee said:
PROSPECTORMIKEL said:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

The Cherokee, the folks who walked the "Trail of Tears" were removed from Northern Georgia (where they had already had their lands reduced) to NORTHWEST ARKANSAS. Not southern Arkansas, central Arkansas or even northeast Arkansas.

Thus, the tree you are looking at . . . if it is in northwest Arkansas . . . is in the territory Andrew Jackson moved the Cherokee to --- the land he swapped to them for the property in northern Georgia --- so they could gather all the gold they thought the Cherokee were hoarding.

It is not an attack on you. It is an attempt to wake up folks who think that the First Nations spent forever mining and gathering gold and silver and hoarding it before the white man arrived. Those are the kinds of stories spread by gooberment people which caused the despicable genocide in this land.

If you are old enough to remember -- before the PC folks cleaned up the history books -- Hitler used similar sentiment to eradicate the Jews in WWII.
hi smee as i said before my ggg grandmother was full blooded cherokee we know they were slaves to the spanish but where did they get the silver to make the jewelry

S

Smee

Not attacking anyone. Only want to make clear that these trees do NOT point treasure.

Why does it concern me when folks get confused about this?

clearcut0.jpg

Because a treasure hunter did this. The tree can't be replaced. It is was living history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread