TWO SIGNS LEFT TO I.D. MINE, AS SPANISH, FRENCH, OR JESUIT.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I may vanish from site, here on TNET for long while.

I hope that it will be for a day or so, but all of my superpowers have been locked away in a lead box.
So I cannot see what the future holds for me.

If you happen to find the box, get it to Weekender.
He will know what to do with it....

#/;0{>~(c)

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I may vanish from site, here on TNET for long while.

I hope that it will be for a day or so, but all of my superpowers have been locked away in a lead box.

#/;0{>~(c)

Here's Hoping
That you will not
Be gone long
Or at all....

-Weekender

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

#/;0{>~(c)

Mikel, while you are still here, just pass the box to weekender to hold on to -- just in case. If you come back, you still have the box, AND, if you don't return, it is still safe with him to do with however your instructions are.
:coffee2:

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel, while you are still here, just pass the box to weekender to hold on to -- just in case. If you come back, you still have the box, AND, if you don't return, it is still safe with him to do with however your instructions are.
:coffee2:

It’s not just the box!!! There is a key, and my psychiatrist keeps it in her bra!! And she (?) has more chest hair than I do.......

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get to have the key [emoji360], as long as the wicked old witch of the west stays away from the pill bottle!

That just means that I will be sticking around...

#/;0{>~(c)

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1569008187.932841.jpg

This mechanical drawing is, in a way, an expression of doubt, as to Don Jose being older than sliced bread.
Or being almost as old as sliced bread.

At first glance, I thought it was a more tangible date for dating sliced bread.

It appears to be part of a patten application, as it was signed by the inventor and an attorney,..... and dated after our beloved “Fearless leader “ Don Jose.

I have been looking for something that could clear up the many different versions of this piece of history.

At first, I thought it was going to clarify the date, but after studying the drafting, I realized that it was part of a patten on a new adjustable version of the original design. Note the adjustment mechanism on the right side of the drawing.

With all of the rest of the story, being sliced into bits and pieces that don’t fit. I am tossing the towel in!

I now believe that, Don Jose is about the same age, but much cooler, than sliced bread [emoji506]!

October 3, 1923.

My brain 🧠 hurts!

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Thanksgiving Day to my Tnet family.

May The Lord bless you all.

#/;0{>:~

P.S. Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

Still here, trapped in a holding pattern!

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About a year ago, I went out on a limb, after studying some Latin numbers and letters which pointed me in a new direction to solve the triangle of symbols...

They had been a burr under my saddle for many years.

I got ruffed up a bit by a few folks that didn’t want to do it in public forum.

Now it’s my time...

The attached picture is from an old friend, that got it from another friend.

He went to the effort of getting it translated by a professor.

The professor noticed a letter that didn’t look like it should, but had no suggestions about it other than being odd.

This is easily one day’s walk from my and Weekender’s site (By a healthy hiker) ...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1576706049.935543.jpg
#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1576731712.015406.jpg

Close up!!

Check out the N and C
In SANCTO.

Not an accident!

But clearly Latin!!

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice, ProspectorMike! I can't wait to hear more. :icon_thumright: :notworthy:
Wishing You a Very Merry Christmas and The Happiest of New Years! :icon_santa::occasion18:

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, ProspectorMike! I can't wait to hear more. :icon_thumright: :notworthy:
Wishing You a Very Merry Christmas and The Happiest of New Years! :icon_santa::occasion18:

I hope to live long enough to put my hands on it!!

I just have to line up three stars in a row. It sounds difficult, but all it takes is to grab one star and drag it between two other stars!!

#/;0{>:~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That carving has my attention. I had the photo for a few weeks, maybe more, before I got permission to bring it here.

Weekender was the first to see it and he came back with a history of it that dated it , according to historians, based not on data about it but rather on the lack of data,!, and linked it to the only information that might have been possible, at least in their opinions.

(That was a long, and probably incorrectly constructed sentence, so read it with an open mind)

They linked it to, Hernando de Soto. That would place it in circa 1540-ish.
Many documents do exist about his exploration of the continent of “FLORIDA”! The documents are from his own hand and from his soldiers and crews and most of them do not agree with one another.

To start with, the name, was in existence before his time and he wrote about learning it from an earlier Conquistador that believed he could travel north and find a great sea that could be sailed east to China!!

Probably one of the Great Lakes.

The point here, is that this path to attach the carving to a date, is messy and flawed to say the least.

Non of this is a reflection on Weekender’s research!!

He found, what little information there is available to reference a date.

Typical of many historians, they were looking for something that they could hook to it.
But there are too many guessing games in play.

The location is and has been sparsely inhabited, even to the point that the area has only a few hundred years, at best, of recorded history.

That is enough to chew on, for now.

More later...

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HP, I couldn’t agree more!
I did some searching for images of Latin alphabet, circa 1540.
Here are a few photos.

In all that I found, it was consistent that (N&C) look like our English alphabet, even the image that was carved in stone. Other than their oddities.

View attachment 1788946
View attachment 1788947
View attachment 1788948

I have several more that are similar, but my phone is extremely slow down loading them, but I don’t want to shrink them down to send.

This is just a quick reference to show what they look like, elsewhere in the world.

Not stating that it is not possible that those two letters could look like the carving.

I do have some doubts that they were done by de Soto’s men. If they stayed in that area, I have not seen it recorded anywhere yet.

If they had left proof of de Soto being there, or if there were other carvings similar to this one, I believe that historians would have built their writings on that stone, rather than interjecting it as a possible explanation.

There is one mark on our keystone that points very close to the area around the carving. (Only know of the area of the carving)

View attachment 1788962

I placed a line on my TOPO map and discovered that two mountain tops lie between the keystone (at the same elevation as the rest of the markers that lead back to the keystone) and create a point to point (Mountain top) trail!
View attachment 1788968

This is what the trail markers look like.

Also, the distance is more than I originally thought. About two days of hiking over rough terrain.

It is giving me a little trouble.

Finally got it. I posted the above information on Don Jose’s “misc data”
thread.
It is more information on the previous post.
Enjoy

#/;0{>~

Last edited:
OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to try to copy some screenshots that are from the only written record (THAT I HAVE FOUND THUS FAR) I will not say that it is the only record, until I have read every piece of history!!!

Not possible! So hopefully, here Is what I have extracted from the record, that Weekender found and shared with me.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1579565190.494921.jpg
, ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1579565230.138613.jpg
, ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1579565265.490609.jpg
, ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1579565302.805271.jpg
, ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1579565349.853987.jpg

I hope that they are in order when they expand!

This is only historical speculation, and I don’t agree with everything that is presented as speculation, as I have seen more speculation of difference to this speculation, that placed de Soto at the joining of the Arkansas River with the Mississippi River, at the time of his death [emoji88], in the spring thaw/flooded valley in 1541. There are many versions of that part of historical speculation.

#/;0{>~

Last edited:
OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m a bit concerned about finding this carving. If I can’t find someone that will talk.
I have a line on the keystone that points almost perfectly.

It’s rough terrain, so it may take following the trail signs at the 2,000’ elevation from mountain top to mountain top to follow it the hard way, and with me... well I may have to rent a mule or two. ( I don’t travel lite, very well.)

Till then, I am keeping my eyes and ears open for clues from folks that live in that neck of the woods.

#/;0{>~

Last edited:

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
This sounds like an awesome adventure, ProspectorMikel, with some very interesting Historical aspects. Also sounds like hard work, hoofin' it over those Arkansas mountains. Take care and don't push your limits too hard, take it slow and steady. It always wins the race. :wink:

I'll be keepin' an eye on this thread and rootin' for ye, might even dig out my archives and check a few thoughts that came to mind. Let ye know if I find sumthin'. :icon_thumright:

Good luck!

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This sounds like an awesome adventure, ProspectorMikel, with some very interesting Historical aspects. Also sounds like hard work, hoofin' it over those Arkansas mountains. Take care and don't push your limits too hard, take it slow and steady. It always wins the race. :wink:

I'll be keepin' an eye on this thread and rootin' for ye, might even dig out my archives and check a few thoughts that came to mind. Let ye know if I find sumthin'. :icon_thumright:

Good luck!

Ol’ Kentuck, I could use anything from an archive from before 1540’ish .

The lack of information on that spot is the “ Elephant [emoji208] In the room.”

Lately, I’ve been doing most of my research, from my armchair.

Not much here to harm me.

I just keep tossing out my lines and waiting for a tug, then it all changes.

If you ever get over the Mississippi River, head west and let me know you are coming, and I’ll meet ya at deer 🦌.
I’ll call Weekender, and maybe we can surround that spot.

#/;0{>~

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ol’ Kentuck, I could use anything from an archive from before 1540’ish .

The lack of information on that spot is the “ Elephant [emoji208] In the room.”

Lately, I’ve been doing most of my research, from my armchair.

Not much here to harm me.

I just keep tossing out my lines and waiting for a tug, then it all changes.

If you ever get over the Mississippi River, head west and let me know you are coming, and I’ll meet ya at deer 歷.
I’ll call Weekender, and maybe we can surround that spot.

#/;0{>~

I'm in for that trip.

-Weekender

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds good. Maybe we can drown a few worms off that narrow bridge while we're at it. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good. Maybe we can drown a few worms off that narrow bridge while we're at it. :icon_thumright:

I think I know a few local spots to pull a few bass in, and I’ll tie the flies while it’s too cold for wading.

You haven’t fished till you fly-fish [emoji476]!

Barn flies and yellow jackets [emoji219] on heavy hooks!

#/;0{>~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread