TWO SIGNS LEFT TO I.D. MINE, AS SPANISH, FRENCH, OR JESUIT.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ol’ Kentuck, almost a month of self confinement, and I made my first fly.
It’s not one of my best, but it will catch a bass. I need to get out tomorrow and pick
Up
An ostrich feather
Or two. That barnfly is a bit light.

#/;0{>~
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1586934315.616623.jpg

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Look at the S compared to the S in spirit, the A, different than the other A's, the N is really a Y 1, all of it is not the same as the rest of the writing it is in code. This writing is directions to some ting buried nearby and not a person. You might want to look at the book Treasure signs, shadows, symbols, and sun signs by Charles A Kenworthy.

Minetres

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the S compared to the S in spirit, the A, different than the other A's, the N is really a Y 1, all of it is not the same as the rest of the writing it is in code. This writing is directions to some ting buried nearby and not a person. You might want to look at the book Treasure signs, shadows, symbols, and sun signs by Charles A Kenworthy.

Minetres

Very interesting...

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Minetres, good to see you posting again, hope time has been treating you well.

Aug 18, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to everyone... It's been quite a journey!

View attachment 1780821
Close up!!
Check out the N and C
In SANCTO.
Not an accident!
But clearly Latin!!

As the photo is a composite I will only comment on the text...
Using such a strong declaration of Christianity, such a long way from home, admist a savage land... almost feels like someone's last rites...
ΔΟΞΑ ΠΑΤΡΙ ΚΑΙ ΥΙΩ ΚΑΙ ΑΓΙΩ ΠΝΕΥΜΑΤΙ...
Then again, a hidden sign ONLY to those of common ancestry...
The rest, even those very very few who could read Latin, would look down on the engraver (or even the carver..) for not even being able to correctly spell/write such a fundamental phrase...
Yet, the task is completed...
the broken "N" is no mistake.. not for someone who so painstakingly (and probably under a flickering flame) kept all letters so equal...
surely a reverse direction, following the line of the cross, c o u l d lead to another broken (or maybe this time complete) "N" nearby...
.... or even a little hyacinth ..... JACINTO in Spanish... very close to the broken up SANCTO, which's S looks remarkably close to a caligraphic J, turning the SAINT into JAYIC.TO and the N into a reverse/mirror N.. suggesting to the reader that maybe he too should flip the adjacent letters over as well..?? moving the C ahead of the N, but keeping the broken up I as well.... ending up with JACINTO..?? a little hyacinth, placed ALL on its OWN, centrally under the cross...

PS. As the photograph is of poor resolution, can not realy comment on whether the other "altered" letters (T - S - R - S - A) appear this way due to natural (calcification? oxidation of the surface?) or intentional causes. From what I see, I would be satisfied with just the directional line of the cross and the hyacinth.. Happy hunting.. ;-)

Last edited:

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ΙΑΠΕΤΟΣ;6571430 said:
Hello to everyone... It's been quite a journey!

As the photo is a composite I will only comment on the text...
Using such a strong declaration of Christianity, such a long way from home, admist a savage land... almost feels like someone's last rites...
ΔΟΞΑ ΠΑΤΡΙ ΚΑΙ ΥΙΩ ΚΑΙ ΑΓΙΩ ΠΝΕΥΜΑΤΙ...
Then again, a hidden sign ONLY to those of common ancestry...
The rest, even those very very few who could read Latin, would look down on the engraver (or even the carver..) for not even being able to correctly spell/write such a fundamental phrase...
Yet, the task is completed...
the broken "N" is no mistake.. not for someone who so painstakingly (and probably under a flickering flame) kept all letters so equal...
surely a reverse direction, following the line of the cross, c o u l d lead to another broken (or maybe this time complete) "N" nearby...
.... or even a little hyacinth ..... JACINTO in Spanish... very close to the broken up SANCTO, which's S looks remarkably close to a caligraphic J, turning the SAINT into JAYIC.TO and the N into a reverse/mirror N.. suggesting to the reader that maybe he too should flip the adjacent letters over as well..?? moving the C ahead of the N, but keeping the broken up I as well.... ending up with JACINTO..?? a little hyacinth, placed ALL on its OWN, centrally under the cross...

PS. As the photograph is of poor resolution, can not realy comment on whether the other "altered" letters (T - S - R - S - A) appear this way due to natural (calcification? oxidation of the surface?) or intentional causes. From what I see, I would be satisfied with just the directional line of the cross and the hyacinth.. Happy hunting.. ;-)

I like your interpretation.!!

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This sounds like an awesome adventure, ProspectorMikel, with some very interesting Historical aspects. Also sounds like hard work, hoofin' it over those Arkansas mountains. Take care and don't push your limits too hard, take it slow and steady. It always wins the race. :wink:

I'll be keepin' an eye on this thread and rootin' for ye, might even dig out my archives and check a few thoughts that came to mind. Let ye know if I find sumthin'. :icon_thumright:

Good luck!
Almost a year later, and I am slowly picking up my search again...
I hope you are doing well in your endeavors.

I received some new information today, that is refueling my desire to finish my long slow race.
Too much information to release at present, and a little bit of speculation to muddy up my path into the future.

Albeit, good information, my endurance is a minor concern.
My health is better than I have enjoyed in some years. But my infirmities must be kept in mind.

I have, in some sense of the word, returned!!
#/;0{>~

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back Amigo, I just saw your year old post. I would check daily for the longest time, then feared the worst, but prayed you just had better things to do. So many have gone to a better place, some have come to Texas.:laughing7:
Glad to see you posting again, and feeling good enough to do another trip in there. Can't wait to see what you find.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back Amigo, I just saw your year old post. I would check daily for the longest time, then feared the worst, but prayed you just had better things to do. So many have gone to a better place, some have come to Texas.:laughing7:
Glad to see you posting again, and feeling good enough to do another trip in there. Can't wait to see what you find.
Homer, I’m just as glad to see you are still on the green side of the grass.
My shutdown was part healing and part... a sense of hopelessness.
But my health is better than it has been in years... not healed, but better!
The sense of hopelessness was in part, the realization that my field of study, had grown far beyond my ability to search out.
My direct site was about six square miles, and when I uncovered the information from the rest of the Keystone, the field of study grew to several hundred square miles, instantly!!!
All of that, and enduring a nasty divorce at the same time, just ran over me.
I tried several times to regain a toehold and restart my adventure.

I made my New Year resolution, to return to the life that I love in treasure hunting, and the first thing to happen was so unexpected that it nearly bowled me over! One of my friends here , privately contacted me with information to help me on my way!

It was a light from above, to happen so quickly, and couldn’t just be a coincidence! (You know that I don’t believe in coincidences!)

So, now I have a guardian angel helping me...
I must rise to the challenge!!
And I shall!!!
#/;0{>~

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Homer, I’m just as glad to see you are still on the green side of the grass.
My shutdown was part healing and part... a sense of hopelessness.
But my health is better than it has been in years... not healed, but better!
The sense of hopelessness was in part, the realization that my field of study, had grown far beyond my ability to search out.
My direct site was about six square miles, and when I uncovered the information from the rest of the Keystone, the field of study grew to several hundred square miles, instantly!!!
All of that, and enduring a nasty divorce at the same time, just ran over me.
I tried several times to regain a toehold and restart my adventure.

I made my New Year resolution, to return to the life that I love in treasure hunting, and the first thing to happen was so unexpected that it nearly bowled me over! One of my friends here , privately contacted me with information to help me on my way!

It was a light from above, to happen so quickly, and couldn’t just be a coincidence! (You know that I don’t believe in coincidences!)

So, now I have a guardian angel helping me...
I must rise to the challenge!!
And I shall!!!
#/;0{>~
From six square miles to several hundred square miles, sounds real interesting to me. I'll help out, if I can.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From six square miles to several hundred square miles, sounds real interesting to me. I'll help out, if I can.
Thanks MDOG. I will take you up on that.
I am working on five different trails that lead in southerly directions +/-*.

The hills and mountains, that are in the path are full of “trail markers “ and “huge monuments “, and the ones that I have identified from other sources, are in many cases, within a few degrees of the directional marks on the Keystone...
I hope to start connecting the dots this year, (and that’s a big hope! And not a promise...) it really is several hundred square miles, and I will have to narrow it down to the most important and obvious markers.

I will need a sounding board when I nail them down.

Once I can lay my hands on a marker and put GPS coordinates on my Topo map, I plan to put what I have, on here for analysis and opinions.

That’s when y’all become the voices of reason.

I’m looking forward to the first one!!!

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks MDOG. I will take you up on that.
I am working on five different trails that lead in southerly directions +/-*.

The hills and mountains, that are in the path are full of “trail markers “ and “huge monuments “, and the ones that I have identified from other sources, are in many cases, within a few degrees of the directional marks on the Keystone...
I hope to start connecting the dots this year, (and that’s a big hope! And not a promise...) it really is several hundred square miles, and I will have to narrow it down to the most important and obvious markers.

I will need a sounding board when I nail them down.

Once I can lay my hands on a marker and put GPS coordinates on my Topo map, I plan to put what I have, on here for analysis and opinions.

That’s when y’all become the voices of reason.

I’m looking forward to the first one!!!
I’m posting this photo, from another source, for some clarification on a few spots. It’s a little bit better lit.
And I can see one thing a bit better.
The “C” in Sancto does not appear to be broken, as I thought, based on the last photo of it.

I think, now, that it is the work of dirt dobbers. The better light reveals just enough to make me feel safe in that assumption.
This proves, only, that I must put my hands on it and take my own photos of it.

Don’t assume too much.....

#/;0{>~
66A2340C-3085-4699-87B6-8F5449645591.jpeg

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m posting this photo, from another source, for some clarification on a few spots. It’s a little bit better lit.
The “C” in Sancto does not appear to be broken, as I thought, based on the last photo of it.

I think, now, that it is the work of dirt dobbers. The better light reveals just enough to make me feel safe in that assumption.

#/;0{>~
View attachment 2001392
Mikel,I,ve enjoyed your journey so far and hope to read more of it.All the best in your search,wherever it may lead you.I tie too.Your fly is a good one and well tied. Arkie from the other end of the State.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

#/;0{>~
View attachment 2001392
Howdy Mikel,
Good light does make a difference, and lately in my honest opinion, a new light has revealed the true colors of the Jesuits. It could help to better interpret some words, or numbers.
I don't know much about fly fishing, but I wouldn't worry about perfection if I made my own flies. If they look more like injured flies, they should be more tempting.:laughing7:

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Mikel,
Good light does make a difference, and lately in my honest opinion, a new light has revealed the true colors of the Jesuits. It could help to better interpret some words, or numbers.
I don't know much about fly fishing, but I wouldn't worry about perfection if I made my own flies. If they look more like injured flies, they should be more tempting.:laughing7:
Homer, I also picked up a little more information on the Jesuits, just lately.

I plan on doing some homework on the info and it’s sources.

About the fly tying... you are right about the crippled looking flies!
I use heavy hooks to aid in mimicking the injured movement under the surface... a slow sinking and gentle twitching are as important as the fly appearance.
☕️☕️

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel,I,ve enjoyed your journey so far and hope to read more of it.All the best in your search,wherever it may lead you.I tie too.Your fly is a good one and well tied. Arkie from the other end of the State.
Crash bandicoot, if I live long enough, these paths may take me to your end of the state!!
Although I hope I find a common termination point at the Arkansas River!!
☕️☕️

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Minetres
Minetres, I plan on attempting to clean the mud “dirtdobbers “ nests off the face, with water and a toothbrush, as much as I can without disturbing the face of it.
I don’t want to introduce anything to that surface but water.

I want safe and sound for the next half millennium of explorers!!
Hopefully they will see it more clearly than I

☕️☕️
#/;0{>~

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crash bandicoot, if I live long enough, these paths may take me to your end of the state!!
Although I hope I find a common termination point at the Arkansas River!!
☕️☕️
If you do find yourself close,let me know and we,ll try to arrange a meeting.I,d like to help if you,re ever down here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread