Two Silvers kinda day !

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Greetings T-Net fans... long time no post from yours truly here. Just kinda got away from lurking here and living vicariously through your adventures... and have been trying to have a few of my own. Ehhh.. some days are better than others, but then we pretty much have to work for a living so everything else is a bonus anyway, right?
Anyway... The title of this post leads you to believe that I found a couple of silvers today... and... I ~DID~ !! WooHoo! Though they weren't exactly silver coins. That would have been too much for me to handle I think, in all the years that I've been detecting now (say 6+) I've only found a few silver coins. Oh I've found LOTS of silver, and even a little gold now and then... but all in forms of jewelry, rings, earrings, bracelets, charms, chains etc. Not that I'm complaining though. Far from it.. anytime, and I mean ANYTIME I find silver (or gold) it's a BIG deal for me! <grin>
Today was a DOUBLY good day. I actually got a day off from work and though it was supposed to be raining here locally (central Kentucky) it was NOT yet, so I grabbed my trusty White's Prizm IV and headed to a nearby park. (I do most of my detecting in parks... explains my low silver coin count huh?) It was overcast and still a bit chilly with the hint of coming rain in the air... so the park was mine! Most all the kiddies were in school, or huddled up warmly indoors in front of the tv or something. There were a few diehard "walkers" making circuits around the park's walking path but other than they, I was the only person in the park. I hadn't walked three feet from my little truck in the parking lot when I got my first signal.. a Lincoln Mem cent... Stinkin' Zincoln... halfway disolved. <shrug> Sad really, we can and DO dig up coins from as much as a hundred years ago and they pretty much look like they did when the went into the ground, but a modern cent hardly lasts two or three years in the dirt now. <shaking head sadly>
That first disolving penny was only the beginning, I found close to a dollar's worth of clad coins, mostly pennies and dimes, before I even set foot into the woodchips of the tot-lot. Another dollar or so there scattered amongst the chips. Then I moved on to the open grassland of the soccer fields. The coins got scarcer and scarcer, but there were other WTF objects dug up and recovered, including a lead bar about the size of an artists eraser..3 inches by 1 inch by a half inch.... a couple of disposable lighters, a pen, and of course the ubiquitous PULL TABS ! and then.. the first ring! COOL! SILVER~!
At this point the skies began to weep... a cold drizzly mist at first... just enough to be annoying. I kept on detecting. I kept on finding coins.. and junk.. but I was working my way back towards my little truck in the parking lot. By this point I was somewhat dampened by the precipitation, but my spirits were soaring. I wasn't exactly getting rich with my finds for the day, but they were mounting up to a nice gas rebate and I had found SILVER man! Then... I found ANOTHER silver! WOOHOO! Two silvers! This second ring was a little daintier but also a little prettier than the first. <shrug> Both were probably lost by some young girl (athlete) while playing soccer. What a wonderful little hunt I had today. All in all I found a little over three and and a half dollars in coins, some junk.. one wheaty (1930) and two silver rings. Cool!
This was only my second outing so far this year. Maybe this year will be a bountiful year for metal detecting if this is any indication...? Ah.. one can dream can't we? <laughing>
Anyway.. here are some pics of my silver.. enjoy.. sorry about the focus, Iphones aren't the best camera platforms for this kind of photography. Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• 2silvers.jpg
    2silvers.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 126
  • heart.jpg
    heart.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 117
  • heart2.jpg
    heart2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 103
  • inlay.jpg
    inlay.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 117
  • inlay2.jpg
    inlay2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 5

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frodov, I can totally relate to your diggin's today, congrats on the park finds. I have recently found my best and most silvers and golds in local schoolyards, parks, and especially the soccer fields. Hope there is more to dig there for you. Sub 8-)

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet rings !

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet day!!

I only ever found 6 silver rings and 2 of those were both found in the same day. I know that feeling...

Congrats!!

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Well I don't know about being the "King" of silver in Central Kentucky... but I am at least a prince of the tot lot treasures... <laughing> I find quite a bit of clad here and there between soccer fields, playgrounds and parks.... I need to get out and make some contacts and start getting my foot in the door to be able to hunt some of these older homes around Lexington and surrounding communities... I'm sure I could find some cool stuff, maybe some NICE OLD silver coins... *sigh*... hard to do when you seem to be working most of the freakin' time though. <smile> But hey... I'm still working for a living and detecting is only a nice pass time... when I have any time.
How you been man?

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread