UFO documents released by CIA are 'real-life X-Files,' expert says

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
https://www.foxnews.com/science/cia-release-ufo-documents-real-life-x-files

British investigator said there are some 'fascinating' documents in the files

By Chris Ciaccia | Fox News

The CIA's decision to declassify more than three decades worth of UFO documents is a "real-life X-Files," according to one expert.

Nick Pope, a former employee and UFO investigator for Britain's Ministry of Defense, said there are some "fascinating" documents in the files, which are more than 2,700 pages. However, the odd manner in which they were released and difficulties searching them will "fuel conspiracy theories."

"There's an irony in the UFO community expecting to find a smoking gun in material released by an organization they believe is part of a cover-up, and recent revelations about the Pentagon's AATIP program and the [Unidentified Aerial Phenomena] Task Force suggest anyone looking in CIA files for the answer to the UFO mystery is looking at the wrong agency," Pope said in an email to Fox News. "Perhaps these are the documents the government wants people to see, a bit like a magician who does something flamboyant with one hand, to draw people's attention, while the important thing is going on in his other hand, behind his back."

The Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP) was formed in 2007 at the behest of former Sen. Harry Reid, Fox News previously reported. It reportedly ceased operations in 2012, but in 2017 The New York Times reported the Department of Defense was still investigating potential episodes of unidentified flying objects.

The recently released documents were uploaded to The Black Vault, a government website run by John Greenwald Jr., who obtained them via a number of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests over the past few decades.

Last year, Greenwald purchased the CD-ROM that was created by the CIA. In a statement on his website, Greenwald said the CIA "claims this is their 'entire' declassified collection," but added there is no way to verify that. "Research by The Black Vault will continue to see if there are additional documents still uncovered within the CIA’s holdings."

There are a number of individual documents in the release, including the 1976 story of a government official being handed intelligence on countless UFO sightings.

Perhaps coincidentally, the U.K. also released its so-called "X-files," a document trove of reported UFO-related sightings early last year. The Royal Air Force ran a UFO unit for 50 years but shut it down in 2009 after coming to the conclusion that none of the reports offered evidence of a real threat.

After the U.K.'s decision to publish reported UFO sightings online, 61% of Americans surveyed said they wanted the U.S. government to do the same.

The release of the nearly 2,700 pages of declassified documents comes just a couple of weeks after the New York Post reported that the latest COVID-19 relief and government funding bill gave the Pentagon six months to reveal what they know about UFOs.

In August, the Pentagon announced it was establishing a task force to "detect, analyze and catalog" unidentified aerial phenomena.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.f.O.'s By title are Definitely real. anyone who Says U.F.O.'s are Not real is either Completely in the Dark,
as to what U.f.O. means, or is Everywhere at the same time and able to see Everything in the sky at the same time,
and is a Super Human Brain. :tongue3:

U.F.O. Just means Unidentified By the Person or Persons who saw it.
and Can't be Proven Man Made by anyone.

Alien , and Time Traveling craft on the other hand are what I want to know more about

Last edited:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They might as well let us all know what they know now! With all the crap we are all going through with Covid, I think we all could handle the truth!

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
From religious POV, if you watch a show like “paranormal caught on video” you see these new agey guys that can summon ufo’s and elicit responses like flashing or grouping. They will whisper “ thank you my friends” and “thank you my brothers”
These are very likely not extraterrestrial but demonic in origin.
Now there certainly are craft and other tech our government and other governments have in use that may have the characteristics of the Air Force tic tac and the gimbal and the one seen over Puerto Rico that flew low and fast and submerged and resurfaced. These two things can be happening at the same time, and are both more credible than the ET explanation. IMHO.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To me it’s simply a matter f if you really believe in Jesus, then you must fully also believe in the reality of dark forces and demonic forces over those that are into occult and new age thinking.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best Not to Bring Religion / Hocus pocus into U.F.O. stories Please !
it may fit in with Psychics/Mediums/Paranormal but in Practice religion is not allowed to be Discussed on TreasureNet
as quoting versus especially would cause deletion.

and when I at least Discuss U.F.o.'s I'm not referring to Spooks :tongue3:

I'm referring to the Fact No one can see that good that they can see all in the air clearly.
and No one Knows Everything that flies across the Sky, simply by looking. they can guess but
unless it flies close enough to see 100% it's Unidentified.

your ok so far :coffee2: I guess no different then saying if you really believe in Spooks or Thor or Zues .
just trying to "nip it in the bud" :icon_thumright: before a Conversation and argument on Religion Starts

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread