Ugly 1794 Liberty Cap

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got out on Sunday to one of my old hunted out sites. I've been doing a little better using the Deus 11 on pounded out sites. It really is a nice toy. I dug this ugly old Liberty Cap. It's too bad it's so beat up. I dug another Liberty cap from the same site and sent it to NGC to have it graded. It came back as AU details grade!
cap2.jpg
cap1.jpg

Upvote 20

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the Liberty Cap, nothing ugly about her.
Good to hear that you're liking the new machine.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got out on Sunday to one of my old hunted out sites. I've been doing a little better using the Deus 11 on pounded out sites. It really is a nice toy. I dug this ugly old Liberty Cap. It's too bad it's so beat up. I dug another Liberty cap from the same site and sent it to NGC to have it graded. It came back as AU details grade!
View attachment 2023263 View attachment 2023264
Good job cannonball and congratulations!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
The Deus2 sniffs em' out!

slammyz69

Apr 27, 2022
Would love to see the AU liberty cap you found I have a 94 reverse of 94 that is nice and was wondering what yours looks like and what type

OP
OP
cannonball

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the Liberty Cap, nothing ugly about her.
Good to hear that you're liking the new machine.
The other day I forgot to bring the shaft of the Dues 11 with me. No problem. I just splinted the coil to a stick. put the remote on my belt and got a few hours of detecting in!
1111.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The other day I forgot to bring the shaft of the Dues 11 with me. No problem. I just splinted the coil to a stick. put the remote on my belt and got a few hours of detecting in!
View attachment 2023491
That's brilliant!

A whole new meaning of swinging a stick around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread