Underground water detection

Pnai

Tenderfoot
May 10, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear All, first I hope you all in a good health, stay safe.
This is my first Post in this Forum I apologise if I post
It in a wrong place.
I would like to get your suggestions in a good underground water detector, my target is locating underground water for well drilling is there any body has an experience in this field?
Many thanks for your help.
Peter

Upvote 0

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you need is a water dowser which is a talented person instead of a tool. Ask on your local facebook groups for a dowser. That might find you one. The person usually uses forked stick {peach is the preference in my area} and holds the a limb end in each hand with the truck limb tilted up. They then walk back and forth on your land and watch for the stick to turn toward the ground. It is amazing to watch. The guy that did our well actually had the bark peal loose in his hands when the stick turned down.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peter, Most well drilling companies have a dowser on staff or know of one. After he does the dowsing, ask the dowser if you can try. When my neighbor had his done , we all tried. My neighbor, his wife and i couldn't do it. The neighbors 15 year old daughter, who thought we were all crazy, tried it and it almost pulled the stick out of her hands. She screamed, threw the stick and ran to the house.

OP
OP
P

Pnai

Tenderfoot
May 10, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Steve for your reply I really appreciated ,
There is a person who does the dowsing for me but I need a device to check and confirm that this point good for drilling at the end you need some technology and science.
Thanks again and stay safe.
Peter

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the terrain permits, the ground resistivity scan may do the trick. Some local geological company could help.

99thpercentile

Nov 2, 2006
Evergreen, CO
Detector(s) used
Geonics EM61-MK2, Geophex GEM-3, GapEOD UltraTEM III, Minelabs F3, Foerster MINEX 2FD 4.500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geophysical methods for water well locating

There are a number of geophysical methods that can be used for site a water well. The choice of methods depends on a number of factors:

Local geology
Topography
Elevation
Average depth to water table
Average depth of nearby wells

Electrical resistivity tomography (ERT) is a common method for this application, but time domain electromagnetic induction (TDEM), or nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) are also often appropriate.

Dear All, first I hope you all in a good health, stay safe.
This is my first Post in this Forum I apologise if I post
It in a wrong place.
I would like to get your suggestions in a good underground water detector, my target is locating underground water for well drilling is there any body has an experience in this field?
Many thanks for your help.
Peter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread