Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had all kinds of detectors. I have stayed with my Land Ranger Pro longer than any I have tried. Most people want depth and target ID. One thing the LRP offers is to be in All Metal mode with Target ID and depth working. I always use AM which gets me deep. Even if the ID doesn't display, it is like having a Tesoro working with sound.

Unless you are a deepest fanatic, the LRP works great for 8" plus in the AM mode. Better than the low end Garrets and Minelabs I have owned.

I see no reason to upgrade even in 2023.

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had all kinds of detectors. I have stayed with my Land Ranger Pro longer than any I have tried. Most people want depth and target ID. One thing the LRP offers is to be in All Metal mode with Target ID and depth working. I always use AM which gets me deep. Even if the ID doesn't display, it is like having a Tesoro working with sound.

Unless you are a deepest fanatic, the LRP works great for 8" plus in the AM mode. Better than the low end Garrets and Minelabs I have owned.

I see no reason to upgrade even in 2023.
LRP was my first detector 8 years ago. Very comfortable, performed well and I loved it. I gave it to my daughter and it made her very happy too. I agree it beats the snot out of other brands in similar price range.

bucksport

Oct 26, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
White’s Classic ID, SL III, SL II, coinmaster classic III, Treasure Master. Land Ranger Pro, Time Ranger, Tracker IV, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need to put more time in with my LRP. I haven't really clicked with it.
I need to do the same with my original Land ranger. I really purchased it for nostalgia reasons, but I want to mesh with it.
The Fast Tracker was purchased because I caught a good deal on Amazon. I haven't used it in the field yet. It should be fun based on my bench tests.
My 3 Tracker IV machines are always fun to use.
Time Ranger is also so fun to take out. I enjoy the sniff mode and the blank feature.

Try all your machines with the optional 4" coil! I can't say this loud enough.

The legacy BH machines use the regular 4" "Nugget" coils. The Newer machines use the Ultra 4" coils. These coils make it so much fun in sports fields.

My Eurotek Pro and Delta 4000 are not really Bounty Hunters, but they are 2 of my favorite machines out of El paso

I also just won a bid on the original Quick Draw.
I kinda like these machines lol

Last edited:

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to handle a lot of questions people had about Bounty Hunter products when Mickey Cochran worked for 1st Texas years ago. I really enjoyed the Land Star and the Time Ranger (back when it had the antenna on it - looked goofy, but, it worked). My favorite was the Land Star. The Quick Draw II was also a good machine, although not as deep seeking.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to handle a lot of questions people had about Bounty Hunter products when Mickey Cochran worked for 1st Texas years ago. I really enjoyed the Land Star and the Time Ranger (back when it had the antenna on it - looked goofy, but, it worked). My favorite was the Land Star. The Quick Draw II was also a good machine, although not as deep seeking.
My Time ranger has no antenna. What was the purpose?

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Time ranger has no antenna. What was the purpose?
It was called the “Sentron Co-relator antenna.” According to the manual its purpose was to monitor EMI interference. It also played an important role in ground tracking, though the manual doesn’t get any more specific than that.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was called the “Sentron Co-relator antenna.” According to the manual its purpose was to monitor EMI interference. It also played an important role in ground tracking, though the manual doesn’t get any more specific than that.
Thanks for that info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions