DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone!
I am having a blast with MDing and my newest detector is the ATP.
Being a musician my ears are sensitive. I am great with tones and targets, however turning on Iron Audio drives me crazy with all of the "bonking".
I like to hunt in 2 different modes depending where I am;
1) Pro Coin
2) Pro All with disc at 35
Am I doing something wrong with Iron Audio? Is it suppose to be so chatter like?
Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't turn on iron audio, I don't.

b0xcar

Greenie
Oct 20, 2013
Marble Falls, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't forget to 'ground balance' when you get to your spot if you haven't done that.

...nevermind, I see you have made a thread on it. 8-)

Last edited:

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Pro zero, 35, no audio....But I turn on audio if I need to stop the voices in my head wondering if I should dig or not......Iron audio will give you that horrible low tone if iron.

Jim

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See I use iron audio myself it does make a huge difference If its goin off alot mayb that spot ur in has alot probly just preference I like to know all of whats under my feet good luck

Aug 10, 2013
Warren NJ
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can sometimes help you when its on. Only proper way to experience it is to test patch with iron or find enough coins with it. Every gun has its tune....

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only use it if in doubt. Sometimes you get mixed or jumping tones and signals so I use it to listen for the iron and then make my decision whether to dig or not. sometimes rusty iron will ring up good but when you turn on iron audio you know it is iron and you can always dig to confirm it. I dig many times just to make myself honest.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cant hunt with it on, drives me crazy, but I sure use it after a target is found to confirm, one way or the other.

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't take all that noise either. I am sure I am missing some stuff but just too much constant noise for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread