Underwater Gold Sluice

Doug6388

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2021
Vancouver BC Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Underwater Gold Sluice

I am inspired by redefining the traditional sluice and creating an Underwater SluiceBox. Lifting dirt into a sluice hopper, into a highbanker hopper or using an excavator to fill a large scale hopper seems like a waste of energy. I have designed ( in my mind only ) a long handled shovel to push into crevices' of a creek and then rock it back or lift the handle while standing in hip warders. This tipping action will move the loose gravel into the submerged sluice with the correct slope to allow gravel to run down the sluice with the flow of the water tumbling the gravel as a water pump would do . The setup would require the whole sluice to be dragged below the waterline and new gravel patches would be found by the operator. Is this practical? Does this prevent dragging around a gas powered, backpack style floating sluice? Underwater gold sluice =

https://sites.google.com/view/gravitygold/notes

Upvote 0

Wiggler

May 9, 2019
The Real Northern Calif.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I contemplated just that . Then I went to gravity sluicing into an above water sluice ......BUT .... I could see incorporating both together. There might be advantages to it .......I just have not proven it .... yet ; ) I just hate hand shoveling . I like using water flow to accomplish both moving material and sluicing .

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was some doing that on the Kalmath river, with a hopper into a hose then have an underwater sluice or high-banker.
I imagine you could get a pressure hose to work by the drop from a feeder creek.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread