Underwater sluice

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• July 5 to 10 Yuba 016.jpg
    July 5 to 10 Yuba 016.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 36

ZombieKnot

Dec 25, 2022
I really heavily doubt you need 50k to replicate that thing. It’s basically just a subsurface sump to sluice system. You’re still stuck with the inefficiency of an underwater sluice.
Dirt falls in water and out. gold falls too but slower in water as 100 pounds-sorry 40kgs.- in water weighs 600lbs-250kgs out of water, a 6:1 ratio. water is 200 times denser than air. making a calibrated orifice, seal sluice on top so you shovel into opening. big long tube that prevents eddy stream above riffles. start at 30 degrees and watch with flashlight for turbulation AFTER THE RIFFLES. heavies will fall after riffles when correct angle of box achieved. trial and error but you will be worlds expert after few hours. suspect 50% gold recovery without water flow vortexes; called GRAVITY FLOW RECOVERY. you will find angle that aggregates fall out and heavies stay in. my experience says to remove riffles and run with mat only. recommend miners moss-by 3M. KEEP TRYING!

Last edited:

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dirt falls in water and out. gold falls too but slower in water as 100 pounds-sorry 40kgs.- in water weighs 600lbs-250kgs out of water, a 6:1 ratio. water is 200 times denser than air. making a calibrated orifice, seal sluice on top so you shovel into opening. big long tube that prevents eddy stream above riffles. start at 30 degrees and watch with flashlight for turbulation AFTER THE RIFFLES. heavies will fall after riffles when correct angle of box achieved. trial and error but you will be worlds expert after few hours. suspect 50% gold recovery without water flow vortexes; called GRAVITY FLOW RECOVERY. you will find angle that aggregates fall out and heavies stay in. my experience says to remove riffles and run with mat only. recommend miners moss-by 3M. KEEP TRYING!
We were talking about a subsurface dredge, no shovel involved.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
new to computers and not computer literate. got a tablet for christmas and joined first prospector club that popped up. trying not to step on toes? just learning new dance.
No problem I was just confused.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread