2.6 MB · Views: 165
Upvote 37

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Hi everyone, I hope all holes were good holes today mine was a sloppy one! Pulled out a few goodies though (was searching for those beautiful aqua beer bottles from twenties but I'll take what mama earth doles out :sunny:) please have yerself a looksy and a right fine day. Take care.
I dump hunted for years. Old farm dumps, usually near some kind of ravine or washout. Found lots of bottles. My best was a very thin Citrate of Magnesia bottle. Still had the porcelain stopper, but the wire bail was very corroded. That bottle should have cracked when the ground froze; year upon year. I’ll dig it out and post photo. Thank you so much for reminding me of how I spent spare time in 60s and 70s. Keep digging and having fun!

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dump hunted for years. Old farm dumps, usually near some kind of ravine or washout. Found lots of bottles. My best was a very thin Citrate of Magnesia bottle. Still had the porcelain stopper, but the wire bail was very corroded. That bottle should have cracked when the ground froze; year upon year. I’ll dig it out and post photo. Thank you so much for reminding me of how I spent spare time in 60s and 70s. Keep digging and having fun!
Cheers Blackfoot thanks for sharing! I'll tell you what I used to LOVE bottle digging as a boy and recently started watching crickdiggers on youtube and got refired about it, starting to get back into it. Some of those older bottles contain tons of magnesium in the glass and look sweet under a blacklight. Today was kind of a bust in the glass department (no pun intended but the older stuff was all broke) but I'll take two silver coins and some nice relics anytime love digging helps with anxiety and depression. Looking' forward to that sweet bottle pic and keep on keepin on my friend. have a good evening.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a few old dump sites around me, but sadly they've been plowed over, so all I find are bits and pieces of what I see your finding.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, I hope all holes were good holes today mine was a sloppy one! Pulled out a few goodies though (was searching for those beautiful aqua beer bottles from twenties but I'll take what mama earth doles out :sunny:) please have yerself a looksy and a right fine day. Take care.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Casey13

Sep 17, 2021
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's so amazing!! I love digging in areas like that because you never know what your going to get. The one thing that has amazed me from digging in those areas is how the small light bulbs I've found unbroken that have survived for many years.

Attachments

• 20230202_201706.jpg
    20230202_201706.jpg
    722.1 KB · Views: 14

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Here are 2 of my dump bottles. JB St. Clair Muscatine, IA and Dodger Beverage Des Moines. I’ll look through more boxes .

Attachments

• D89F4F68-2614-4240-8082-C78248B36619.jpeg
    D89F4F68-2614-4240-8082-C78248B36619.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's so amazing!! I love digging in areas like that because you never know what your going to get. The one thing that has amazed me from digging in those areas is how the small light bulbs I've found unbroken that have survived for many years.
Thank you Casey, The unknown factor is what I like about it also things just pop out and sometimes they are amazing:)...cool bulb collection💡

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here are 2 of my dump bottles. JB St. Clair Muscatine, IA and Dodger Beverage Des Moines. I’ll look through more boxes .
cool bottles thank you for sharing!...dug a different dump today got a cool BIM champagne will post later

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread