Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've got a few old dump sites around me, but sadly they've been plowed over, so all I find are bits and pieces of what I see your finding.
Hi Tamrock thats a bummer I sure had to dig through a ton of broken glass to find the few things I did find. There is a dump in Olathe,CO that was plowed and I walked the 'rows' of trash and did Ok with some victorian brass jewelry and WWI buttons. Hope you the best, HH!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tamrock thats a bummer I sure had to dig through a ton of broken glass to find the few things I did find. There is a dump in Olathe,CO that was plowed and I walked the 'rows' of trash and did Ok with some victorian brass jewelry and WWI buttons. Hope you the best, HH!
Still its interesting to pick up the pieces and try to determine when it was these items were discarded. I especially like finding what's left of a child of the late 19th and early 20th century toys. Seems they got by on little bisque dolls, marbles, cast iron trains and harmonicas. What was going on during those times where I live was coal mining and farming. One area though I find discarded items that take me back to those who were here long before me and the late Victoria society to the indigenous people who occupied the lands around for thousands of years. It's just a small area of where I'm sure they all meet and a place that can be recognized by them as where the 3 small streams come together. I find lots of microcrytaline flakes, a stone used for grinding, an abater used for refinement of edged weapons and stone points. The prairie dogs have in places have dug up the bones of the game they would process. Most around here today would not even imagine what this land around me would've looked like at one time. It's constant traffic and noise with new housing developments going up at an unbelievable rate.

Attachments

• IMG_20170906_121149.jpg
    IMG_20170906_121149.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Still its interesting to pick up the pieces and try to determine when it was these items were discarded. I especially like finding what's left of a child of the late 19th and early 20th century toys. Seems they got by on little bisque dolls, marbles, cast iron trains and harmonicas. What was going on during those times where I live was coal mining and farming. One area though I find discarded items that take me back to those who were here long before me and the late Victoria society to the indigenous people who occupied the lands around for thousands of years. It's just a small area of where I'm sure they all meet and a place that can be recognized by them as where the 3 small streams come together. I find lots of microcrytaline flakes, a stone used for grinding, an abater used for refinement of edged weapons and stone points. The prairie dogs have in places have dug up the bones of the game they would process. Most around here today would not even imagine what this land around me would've looked like at one time. It's constant traffic and noise with new housing developments going up at an unbelievable rate.
Thanks for sharing. Urban sprawl definitely chews up a lot of ground and buried history

Abacopest

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had water I would invest in a gold dredge and mine it.
For comparison I live in palm beach county Fl, our land fill is very hitech. They incinerate all the garbage to generate electricity. In one of the plants ( the smaller) they run all the garbage through a trommel they collect on average close to $ 200,000.00 a year. In the large plant they have started a plant which will run all the ash through a wash plant before burial. They did a 2 week test run and recovered over $20,000.00 I’ve always said old landfills near any large city would be a “ gold mine”

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, I hope all holes were good holes today mine was a sloppy one! Pulled out a few goodies though (was searching for those beautiful aqua beer bottles from twenties but I'll take what mama earth doles out :sunny:) please have yerself a looksy and a right fine day. Take care.
Honest mud on those jeans. Love it.

Gotta love the Bat Masterson and Roy Rodgers pistols as well. That was an enjoyable day of digging.

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice eye there those smaller flakes sure would look nice in an old mason jar or crucible, thanks for sharing :)

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If I had water I would invest in a gold dredge and mine it.
For comparison I live in palm beach county Fl, our land fill is very hitech. They incinerate all the garbage to generate electricity. In one of the plants ( the smaller) they run all the garbage through a trommel they collect on average close to $ 200,000.00 a year. In the large plant they have started a plant which will run all the ash through a wash plant before burial. They did a 2 week test run and recovered over $20,000.00 I’ve always said old landfills near any large city would be a “ gold mine”
food for thought for sure I almost make a living off of other peoples' trash so an interesting take on it for sure, neat idea too

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Honest mud on those jeans. Love it.

Gotta love the Bat Masterson and Roy Rodgers pistols as well. That was an enjoyable day of digging.
shockers when they popped out nothing but rust then blam, got to get into the nasty to get the best stuff thanks for looking:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread