Uniontown Pennsylvania Hidden Treasure retrieval (legalities)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRoomRed

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2023
Ok, so for the sake of argument, how would i claim treasure thats been hidden on "state game land""?
Now, Pennsylvania state governor (pennypacker) in 1905 first declared "state game land" to protect deer and other wildlife. Since those days state greedy officials claim the state game land and anything located on it as "belonging to the state" and illegal to remove.

Yet during any finds such as the "finders keepers" treadure hunt, the FBI or any other federal government organization can come and dig for the find and then take whatever they pleaee then say " Oh we found nothing".

My point is i know without a doubt where on "state game land" a very nice hidden treasure is and i will not allow anyone to take it from me after what ive been through to get it.

I have two brothers that i have as partners yet i do not want them to use violence. The family that owned my home were members of the group thay stole and hid that cache near laurel caverns. My home has been stalked by soamy iver the last 13 years that i have lived here as so many(except myself)knew of the families involvememt and knrw that the land held the secret to its location.

So from all of the members here, how can i get this treadure amd get me and my two sons away from this money hungry people that desire this treasure? Im not a greedy man but i want out of here and i am ready to punch the ticket!

OP
OP
RedRoomRed

RedRoomRed

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2023
Ok, so for the sake of argument, how would i claim treasure thats been hidden on "state game land""?
Now, Pennsylvania state governor (pennypacker) in 1905 first declared "state game land" to protect deer and other wildlife. Since those days state greedy officials claim the state game land and anything located on it as "belonging to the state" and illegal to remove.

Yet during any finds such as the "finders keepers" treadure hunt, the FBI or any other federal government organization can come and dig for the find and then take whatever they pleaee then say " Oh we found nothing".

My point is i know without a doubt where on "state game land" a very nice hidden treasure is and i will not allow anyone to take it from me after what ive been through to get it.

I have two brothers that i have as partners yet i do not want them to use violence. The family that owned my home were members of the group thay stole and hid that cache near laurel caverns. My home has been stalked by soamy iver the last 13 years that i have lived here as so many(except myself)knew of the families involvememt and knrw that the land held the secret to its location.

So from all of the members here, how can i get this treadure amd get me and my two sons away from this money hungry f*cks that desire this treasure? Im not a greedy man but i want out of here and i am ready to punch the ticket!
So, if by chance the cache was buried before governor Penn stackers law was placed and definitely before the newer modified laws were put in place, could it be considered"grandfathered" claused or what not? Also the greedy government placed laws that state that if it hasnt been hidden for over 300 years, then its technically not treasure and would have to be turned over to police/government.

I mean really, what in the hell? These are just our greedy ass neighbors with some sort of government title! At the end of the day, I dont know nor do I give a damn why men have saught after gold and precious metals. After all its just metal. Still, it could be my way out of this hell hole that I've been trapped in for far too long. Im open to suggestions. I've even considered selling it to the Pennsylvania state museum for a percentage. I mean technically it is Pennsylvania history. I'm just keeping my options open.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me, the FBI didn't find any gold. The original story never made sense and the claim that the FBI stole the gold never had any proof.

Don't waste your life chasing lost treasure stories. Most are baloney and the few that are real have been dug up by someone decades ago.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

To be clear, You "found" a multi-million or perhaps even billion-dollar treasure cache and your first impulse was to go on the world's largest public treasure hunting forum and announce to the world, including the FBI, the IRS, the State of PA and every crazy in the world you found it?

Finding out who you are is now only a trivial IP search away for the gov't, so that kills any chance of you ever recovering the treasure for yourself.

Would love to see some pictures of it though, just close ups, nothing that would give away its location of course.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simple, if it is on Pa. state land you can not legally recover and keep it for yourself. It doesn't matter if it was lost before the law, it isn't grandfathered in.

Also please remember we are a family friendly forum....

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if it's PA State "Game Land" as you suggested above , Nothing can be legally removed and Owned by anyone , Except legal Game in season with a License.
There are certain Wardens who supposedly look the other way,
or are unaware of the rule . All other State land , State parks, State Forest have Different rules. state parks, Most you can detect with a Permit, but finds of a histerical nature of all sizes, must be turned over. so they at least have the option to steal it from you' State Forest has other rules . I think you can pan for Gold in State Forest Land, But not the others above. state Forest land has the most Options for Recreation.

if your talking a Treasure, it is against TreasureNet Rules
to answer your original question :coffee2:
You may not.... Provide instructional information about illegal activities.

"PA State Game Land" is not Owned by the State,
and Supposedly they get No tax Money.
it is owned by some very wealthy, Greedy, conglomerate who have Hunters believing it is Theirs. because they pay for Licenses !
Etc. *

"finders keepers" treasure was in State Forest.
Very Large ! and they announced it Legally :tchest:
That's the rub ! Too many Fingers in the pot when you announce a "Treasure" Especially a gold one:treasurechest:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
* don't get me wrong about PA State Game Land. Without it,
There would be a lot less hunting grounds & a over Population of Hauntable Animals, and diseases ! My issue is the relics ! they won't even Entertain a Relic hunting season license, where people can find and dig a dime or Button and take it home :(

Yet they have no problem Dozing over a Defunct Town, Park, or other and Keeping everything Rotting underground like the National Parks do :(

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To be clear, You "found" a multi-million or perhaps even billion-dollar treasure cache and your first impulse was to go on the world's largest public treasure hunting forum and announce to the world, including the FBI, the IRS, the State of PA and every crazy in the world you found it?

Finding out who you are is now only a trivial IP search away for the gov't, so that kills any chance of you ever recovering the treasure for yourself.

Would love to see some pictures of it though, just close ups, nothing that would give away its location of course.
I was reading the OP post and thinking exactly the same thing, why on earth would he be announcing it to the world about all this huge treasure.
I guess the "Loose lips sink ships" need not apply in these treasure stories.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for the Record: TreasureNet is the right place to ask.
and you did do the right thing by not giving away too much info.

Don't let anyone here Harsh your Mellow !

& Welcome to treasureNet :coffee2:

Last edited:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
for the Record: TreasureNet is the right place to ask.
and you did do the right thing by not giving away too much info.

Don't let anyone here Rain on your Parade !

& Welcome to treasureNet :coffee2:
Unfortunately, in this day and age a "little bit" travels a very long distance, especially when the "edict" is watching over us all.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"PA State Game Land" is not Owned by the State,
and Supposedly they get No tax Money.
it is owned by some very wealthy, Greedy, conglomerate who have Hunters believing it is Theirs. because they pay for Licenses !

Jeff, I had never heard this before. Do you have some links that can show who owns what should be public land??

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much money does the PA Game Commission have?

He said the Game Commission had various escrow accounts holding a total of more than $6.5 million in addition to the $72.8 million in the Game Fund.May 30, 2019
000aaa.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pa. counties get thousands from state game lands​

• For the Cumberland Times-News
  • Aug 20, 2006
HARRISBURG, Pa. — Before Sept. 1, the Pennsylvania Game Commission will mail its annual in-lieu-of-tax payments for State Game Lands it owns in 65 of the state’s 67 counties. The Game Commission’s checks, totaling $1,719,056.59 for the 2006 tax year, will be sent to county treasurers, school districts and municipalities, according to Carl G. Roe, agency executive director.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so it's ok to dig a hole to bed a trap but it's not ok to dig a hole to recover a penny dropped by a hunter from years gone by. I buy an access pass for Virginia state forests , with this pass I can hunt,trap , fish ,hike, forage, ride a bike or even a ground destroying horse but I can't pan for gold or dig a stinking penny. so may hobbies allowed yet a few are excluded .
I can sum up this PA treasure in two words ----SHOW ME---

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so it's ok to dig a hole to bed a trap but it's not ok to dig a hole to recover a penny dropped by a hunter from years gone by. I buy an access pass for Virginia state forests , with this pass I can hunt,trap , fish ,hike, forage, ride a bike or even a ground destroying horse but I can't pan for gold or dig a stinking penny. so may hobbies allowed yet a few are excluded .
I can sum up this PA treasure in two words ----SHOW ME---
during a Driving tour on State game land one year I talked to a Warden at a 1800's Ghost town (Rausch Gap) in Lebanon County. They open the old S&S Railroad Bed to a drive through once a Year Weather Permitting. in the Fall.
Anyway, when I Brought up Detecting he said even he can't Detect there but would like to.
His words to me: 'Technically You can Detect, you can Dig
BUT you can only admire what you find , Take pics, then either Cover it over again or Lay it where others coming by can do the same' :tongue3: I said RIGHT ! so if I find a Gold Coin ? I Have to lay it there so others can admire it & No one will take it :laughing7:
he then said ' that's why if we catch you detecting we will politely ask you to Leave !'

of course that' was him. a Real A-hole could probably arrest you & take your equipment so Beware !
the Warden I talked to was very Friendly that day. :coffee2:

a group from Fort Indiantown gap Military Base Hunted the
former 1800's Cold Springs Resort Location to recover live rounds.
I have to Wonder there....... what ended up in pockets ! :laughing7:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread