Unknown 14k Gold Emblem Necklace

SeeTurtle

Mar 25, 2022
Found this cleaning out my grandparents house. Seems to be Bangor Punta branded with a Smith & Wesson logo. It has my great grandfather's name on it but I have no clue what it is. I've searched everywhere with no luck. I'm not looking to sell it but does anyone happen to know what it is and it's approximate value?

Attachments

• IMG20220325163630.jpg
    IMG20220325163630.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 216
Upvote 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
S

SeeTurtle

Mar 25, 2022
Not sure if it's an early boat builder or an Aircraft related.
Got two different answers
Here's a similar
I saw that as well. It looks like Bangor Punta makes the necklaces for different brands. This one has a Smith & Wesson logo, who makes guns

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet.

Nice piece of family history to have.

Bangor Punta was a huge American conglomerate, formed in 1964 and based in Greenwich, Connecticut. They bought Smiith & Wesson from the Wesson family in 1965 and diversified it into accessories such as holsters, as well as law enforcement equipment such as handcuffs and breathalysers. They also bought Piper Aircraft from the Piper family in 1969 as well as a number of other well-known companies across a diverse range of markets. The Bangor Punta Corporation was bought by Lear Siegler, Inc. in 1984.

That’s clearly a Smith & Wesson logo on the pendant, so will be between 1965-1984. Those with a Piper logo will be from between 1969-1984.

I don’t know what these pendants were for, but they look to me like the kind of thing that might be given to employees as service awards or for sales achievements.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this cleaning out my grandparents house. Seems to be Bangor Punta branded with a Smith & Wesson logo. It has my great grandfather's name on it but I have no clue what it is. I've searched everywhere with no luck. I'm not looking to sell it but does anyone happen to know what it is and it's approximate value?
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions