🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Unknown knife

jhamner

Dec 2, 2008
I bought this knife at a sale today. The blade has been seriously abused, but it bears a CASE logo. This Case logo is not one with which I am familiar, so I'm wondering if this is a knockoff
knife, or whether I just don't know enough about Case knives! Thanks.
IMG_0412.JPG

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knife is 100 percent correct. It was made during the 1930s, after 1932. Case huntng knives use different marks at times than Case pocket knives and if the mark is the same on an older Case pocket knife as an older Case hunting knife the date chart for pocket knives is not accurate on their hunting knives.

Forgot to mention, handles are jigged bone and the blade was originally chrome plated.

Last edited:
Upvote 7
OP
OP
J

jhamner

Dec 2, 2008
Knife is 100 percent correct. It was made during the 1930s, after 1932. Case huntng knives use different marks at times than Case pocket knives and if the mark is the same on an older Case pocket knife as an older Case hunting knife the date chart for pocket knives is not accurate on their hunting knives.

Forgot to mention, handles are jigged bone and the blade was originally chrome plated.
Thank you VERY MUCH!!! So glad I didn't get bamboozeled on this one! I was going to ask about the handle too, but you read my mind!

Upvote 1

callmez

May 25, 2014
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just saw this -- gunsil absolutely nailed the ID.
I will add that while I can't see the snap, that low location for the handle loop is characteristic of many older Case sheath knives... so even though the shape doesn't match I'd bet that is the original sheath.
Good find!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions