Unknown medallion

L

Larry H.

index.php

index.php
Unknown medallion that I need help identifying. Slightly smaller than a half dollar with what looks like Latin writting and symbols.
Some of the ledgable word on the side with the triangle are: Gloria el dirrle in dommo guo fuodidia in seculum.

On the other side: Rapheal Aidoriel Miel Sarahil Eloym Agla Adomay.

Spelling of these words are questionable.

Thank you

Upvote 0
J

JamesM

I have been doing a lot of reading here but to date this is my first time to post on this forum in a attempt to help.

I have been reading all the posts on how-to and advise on metal detecting since I bought a BH Lone Star. After doing all the reading after purchasing wishing I would have read before buying. I am already dissapointed in it and haven't even got it yet. Well back on track.

I did a search for all the wording listed on the medallion and only got one hit that I think may give you some idea of what the medallion is.

The term Sarahil is referanced in a lecturce on the "The Temple Legend" was a page about the Free Mason and occult movement also there was the mention of Elohim which is similar sounding to the word on the medallion Eloym. the page was at http://www.uncletaz.com/templelegend.html

I did a translation search for the entire phrase and each individual word without luck.

Hope this Helps,
James

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
medallion is definitely some kind of cult or metaphysical group symbols. Could be tough to find as usually such symbols are only known to it's members but searches on Net may yield more clues. Good luck!

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I've asked several people, most think it's Latin.

But the spelling needs to be better, if you can give us better quality images or a better transcription I bet we can figure it out.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's some Latin pool shark's medallion. See the rack and the cues? 8)

L

long_gunr

Looks Masonic to me. Early Masonic. Which part of the country did you find it in? Is it made of silver or pewter or pot metal?

L

long_gunr

HA! It's Solomons ultimate money amulet 8)

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
It seems like it points to "the valley of the cresent moon" but I am not sure where exactly to start looking. Certainly there are countless cresent shaped valleys in the world in any of which the ark of the covenant/holy grail could be hidden. Seems like there should be another part of the amulet which is missing, maybe you will find it nearby?

Saryion

Greenie
Jun 17, 2004
Hey there,

I've found that: AGLA is a mystic term was formed from the initial Hebrew letters - AGLA: Aieth Gadol Leolam Adonai, meaning - God will be great forever. Other references say that it is the Kabalistic Formula for Invoking Demons.

Best of luck,
Saryion

H

happylion

This is definitely an amulet, probably of neo-Pagan origin. Although I collect amulets, I don't recognize this one offhand. The first side is Latin. The reverse consists of names, mostly from the Hebrew. Raphael is one of the archangels. Elohim, AGLA, and Adonay are all names for God (AGLA is actually an acronym for Atah Gibor Leyolam Adonay "You are eternally strong, Lord"). The other three names may also be angel names.

Michael in SC

May 16, 2005
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000
I'm going to say that it's not Masonic. When I became a Mason I read (and continue to read) lots of Masonic books. In my readings, I've never seen anything that looks even remotely like this. I could be wrong but I'm confident that I'm right.

Michael

P

PrizmIV

Do masons really "KNOW MORE"?!?!?! To much Divinchi Code lol

R

rvbvetter

I think some are on the right track. But i have an observance, and being the second picture is a little blurry. I'm probably way off, but in the second shot, to me, it looks to resemble an astrology chart. My 2 cents Now i have to go and detect 2 more cents
HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with michael, not masonic. The masons only have about 3 or 4 symbols and they have nothing to do with the occult, nor do they (we) have amulets. JIM

Kheira

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2005
Hello!

I'm a girl from Finland and new to this forum. I was searching the meaning to my medalion from the internet and it brought me to this site. Funny enough, I have the very same medallion.

It definetely is one of medallions that occur on the medallion web site but couldn't find one with exactly the same one on both sides.

The words on it are something like this GLORIA ET DIVIDE UN DOMO ____ JUSTICIA ______ IN SECULUM

On the other side there are names: Modiath Rex, Squincas, Airicus. Raphael Aidoriel (the rest of it is just too worn out)

Still more names in the circle closest to the centre: Agla, Adonay, Eloym and one more but too worn out.

In the middle I think it says Alpha and Omega. Which I believe means the beginning and the end.

If anybody is intrerested to find out more about it, I think i can arrange somebody to scan it for me and let you see the picture. would also be nice to know what those latin words mean.

R

rvbvetter

Kheira;? ? ?Yeah? ?Post it. Would like to see it.
? ? ? ? ? ? If you ask me, these are all from some kinda of? ?Commie-Hippie plot? ;D

Welcome to the forum Kheira Glad to have you here. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread