Jenrie

Jan 14, 2014
gen san
Detector(s) used
XP G=Maxx and Gold maxx. and discovery deepsearcher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have one

need id , info. for this kind of metal found under water salt water any info. great apreaciated thanks guy capt. j. serial # pt.09 alinsu p-p-2288

I have one almost the same, PP 2288 & 158.75 is stamped on it, the last number is the weight in pounds. It is a bit different in size and with less markings on it but the same shape.
And no damage on the item.

Found in a cave in Sarangani, Mindanao
They look like weights to me, specially that mine has the weight stamped on it.
But yours say it has Pt 09, that means 0.09% platinum in it.
Properly it is some kind of allow, so it will not corrode and keeps the same weight over time.

Regards
Jenrie

Upvote 1

wstgo

May 3, 2011
Canastota, New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
looks like an anode. (not sure if I'm saying it right) I think you bolt these to the hull of Steel ships so that the salt water will corode it first and not the hull. Am I close? :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

DevilDog812

Nov 3, 2010
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
all i found so far is:
"Alinsu Steel Foundry Corporation- Mandaue City, Philippines"

ALINSU STEEL FOUNDRY CORPORATION started commercial operation after it secured its registration from the Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission on March 10, 1967 with an authorized capital of 15 million pesos.

ALINSU started operation with an initial capacity of 720 Metric Tons Per Year of finished castings. This was increased to 1,350 Metric Tons Per Year in 1974 and was further increased to 2,473 Metric Tons Per Year in 1979. In the span of 30 years, the company has grown into a large-size firm employing a total of 200 personnel.

ALINSU foundry plant initially manufactured all sorts of alloy steels of corrosion and heat resistant stainless steels, designed specifically for cement kilns and mills. After the organization and operation of its sister company, there was a realignment of its product mix and principal markets. Presently, ALINSU specializes in manufacturing low alloy steel castings principally to cater the requirement of various domestic markets.

The firm started exporting its metal products to Saudi Arabia in 1975, Hawaii in 1976, US mainland in 1977, Sri Lanka in 1978, Hong Kong in 1979, United Arab Emirates and Indonesia in 1980, Pakistan in 1984, and Germany a year after. Based on this performance, the firm’s share of export sales increased from 2.3 percent in 1975 to 90 percent in the years 1985 to 1986. Reasons why ALINSU COMPANIES realized the need of organizing another company to handle its export activities, thus the organization of CASTALLOY TECHNOLOGY Corporation.

CASTALLOY TECHNOLOGY Corporation started commercial operation after it secured its registration from the Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission on the 25th of July 1986 with an authorized capital of 20 million pesos and with a rated capacity of 80 Metric Tons Per Year of finished castings. Fifty percent of which were for heat resistant stainless steels and the remaining for the production of Chrome Moly, High Manganese, and High Chrome Steels. Prompted by the expansion of its export markets and under the same production structures, the firm’s production capacity was further increased to 1,500 Metric Tons Per Year of finished castings in 1992.

As originally planned by its management, CASTALLOY TECHNOLOGY Corporation will cater principally to cement plant customers in other countries supplying primarily high alloy steel casting replacement parts. With the use of most modern foundry equipment, improved foundry processes and technologies in the production of high alloy steel castings, we are looking up for more expansion as we go along in our consistent penetration and widening of our export market horizon.

Prior to the organization of ALINSU STEEL Foundry and CASTALLOY, ALLIED INDUSTRIAL Corporation has already started commercial operation after it secured its registration on August of 1962, and with an authorized capital of 5 million pesos. The main objective of which is in engaging in the business of distribution of cast steels and non-ferrous products as well as the fabrication and assembling of Industrial Machinery’s for various industries.

Without a foundry during its initial years of operation, ALLIED INDUSTRIAL however had to depend on the castings supplied by foundries within the vicinity, over which it has no control on the quality of castings being served. The necessity of setting up a foundry was realized by its management, thus the organization of ALINSU STEEL FOUNDRY Corporation in 1967.

The tremendous business growth of CASTALLOY TECHNOLOGY Corporation has attained its years of existence, capped by our recent programs of modernization and process improvements, makes it imperative that we all believe and support our company’s sense of purpose, that is, “to fulfill excellently the needs of our customers”. The pursuit of excellence in all the things we do, powered by the orchestration of management has positioned us where we are now and poised us for further growth and more competitive strength in the years to come.

Team of professionals and dedicated technical staffs has indeed experienced a strong sense of pride. We are a company where customer’s matters, and where dedicated service and sincerity of purpose prevails. As CASTALLOY grows and expands, our distinct sense of purpose to serve our customers with the highest quality and competitive price will remind each one of us to work at full extent and to ensure it’s continuous growth, further success, and customer satisfaction.

Upvote 0

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you don't mind, I resized your pix.
Neat find, wish I could provide some more info.
Bunker

Attachments

• Picture 276.jpg
    Picture 276.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 790
Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be crusher hammers.
That was my first thought it's a impact crusher hammer. Still I'm not positive? I wonder why all this information is casted on it, as it was important to be known for some type of application?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread